Friday, October 30, 2009

[USS Charon] SD 240910.30 || Joint Dutylog Part II || Lt. Xavier, AEO & Ens. Dicari, COP

D'Vana had started to reach for the tea with her right arm. she grit her teeth refusing to show pain and instead accepted it with her left hand. She took a sip from it as she listened to him she would have thought it had been easier on him however she must have been wrong. "A half klingon?" She asked rather surprise since she should have known exactly how Ensign Dicari felt.

 

“No this was a full klingon.” He corrected.  “How do you like the tea Lieutenant?” he asked, as he took another drink.

 

"Its soothing." She said though like most klingons half or full she wasn't about to tell him that it was taking away a pain she hadn't been showing. "I'm... Why did they pick on you?" She asked curiously...

 

“From what I understood, they were afraid of me.  Of my being different.”  He was surprised he was sharing this with her, but then again Sakarra had helped him through it, to a point.  “They said I should be subservient and that I was ‘invading’ their minds.  That goes against any and all of my teachings.”  He said.  “I am glad it is helping you.”  He said referring to the tea.

 

"Oh yes it is." She said softly. "They had no right to pick on you, parents should teach their children it's wrong, instead children see their parents acting as they do and follow suit towards the child. If I ever have children they'll understand and won’t pick on others." She said fiercely. "However, if another starts the fight mine will finish it." She said with a rueful smile...

 

“There in lays the problem Lieutenant.  Sure one should defend in what one believes.  But to fight another person because of what they started.  That goes against every fiber in my being.  But then again I am not Klingon, and was taught to ‘talk’ my way through an ordeal.  Not go out guns blazing if you will.”  He added.

 

She couldn't help but smile at the description. "Well that's what my Klingon uncle taught me, my father on the other hand was a disruptive influence, or so my uncle often growled. See my father wanted me to talk my way through it as well. I'd talk and talk and no one listened. it wasn't until I broke someone's nose that I got their attention. However despite the fact that it made them back off a little, it still had a negative out come. I was completely avoided half the time and the other half I was constantly having names shouted at me as the other children ran by to avoid a fight." She said with a slight shrug...

 

“I know what it is like to be avoided, but I also know what it is like to avoid.  I had to ‘try’ to talk my way through ordeals, being a diplomat’s son and all.”  He sighed and took another drink of the tea.  Raising his glass “To childhood, to who we are now, and to who we will become,” he toasted with a smile.

 

"I'll toast to that!" She said and laughed slightly before taking a drink of the ice tea in her hands. "I'm being very human right now. I guess that's one of the things that most humans found odd. a Klingon acting human." She said with a smirk.

 

Raising his glass, “To hybrids the one of a kind in the galaxy!” he said with a smile, “To some that would be like a Vulcan smiling, to others it just is.  I am both human and betazoid.  You are both human and klingon.  I think we have earned and were given the right to act within the confines of both races.”  He picked up a padd with the new schematics of the Bellatora Fortis, “So perhaps Lieutenant you can give me a run down on the new engine system you and t’Khellian put on the shuttle.”  He said knowing that this Klingon was something unique, “And then perhaps you would be willing at a later day to teach me how to use a boot leth.” He said.

 

"'Artificial Quantum Singularity...One of the most destructive forces in the galaxy. If we make a mistake installing this in the shuttle we will inadvertently open a black hole in the Charon..' That's a quote right from t'Khellian." She said softly. "And they’re called Bat'leths, not boot'leths Ensign, I'd be glad to teach you how to use one." She said with a prideful smile.

 

“Artificial Quantum Singularity.  I see.  Well if I recall correctly, once those are initiated they cannot be shut down.  On a shuttle craft none the less, I am not sure I like this, and as is obvious she meshed Romulan and Starfleet technology together, which even suggests the possibility that once the shuttle gets out and about could just explode.  Not to mention, I know that none of my staff is trained on Romulan technology.  Commander Calhoun approved this?  Captain t’Rehu even?”  He asked.  “I know some reports mysteriously did not appear on my desk informing me of such actions.  Lieutenant, please don’t misinterpret my frustration at being directed at you, it is the fact that this ship at times feels like it runs on secrets.”  He stated taking the last sip of his tea, “May I?” he said offering her a refill as he stood up.  “And thank you for offering to teach me how to use a bath lot.”  He said still not pronouncing it correctly.

 

"Oh yes please." She said handing him the cup, but frowned as well she couldn't remember Calhoun telling her what she was going to be working on only that she was to work with t'Khellian. "As far as I know I was to work with t'Khellian on rebuilding the shuttle crafts." She said softly. "Bat'Leth." She said with a patient smile something not normally found on a klingon...

 

Cyrin replicated some more jestral tea for both of them and handed the Lieutenant the new glass.  “I see, did Commander Calhoun give you a duty report or anything like that?” He asked.

 

"Oh." she said reaching into her back pocket for the padd that he had given her when he told her she'd be working with t'Khellian and held it out to Cyrin with a sheepish smile. "Forgot about that." She said softly... As Assistant Chief of Security under Ch'Tan she had never carried those Padds around because they were almost in spreadable...

 

Cyrin took the padd and glanced over it, there wasn’t much more on it than what the Lieutenant had told him, “Thank you,” he said handing it back to her.  “I have one last request of you Lieutenant.  Would you please recount for me everything that happened from the moment you and t’Khellian stepped onto the flight deck to when you left the flight deck.  I want to make sure that I have all the facts right.”

 

 

D'Vana grimaced because of her sarcastic tone at the start of the encounter, however she couldn't remember them doing anything out of the ordinary other then upgrading the shuttles. Nor had she known there was a possibility that they were doing something wrong... She hesitated a moment before looking to Cyrin for a minute.

 

Then she took a breath and started to recount what had happened on the flight deck while she worked with t'Khellian, leaving out both of their attitudes at the start and going into what had taken place from removing the federation power to installing the Romulan quantum singularity to the shuttles Nacelles had started to fall on her. Even asking Alice’s help for a moment there.

Cyrin nodded as he took additional notes of the incident, he was still going to refer to the recording of the incident just to be sure.  “Thank you.” He said taking a sip of the tea, “you have answered my questions as honestly as possible.  Now I can get to the bottom of this and report it to whomever I need to.”

 

"Do you mind Cyrin, if I ask; is anyone in trouble?" She asked arching her brow again. She did not know if she liked the feeling of accomplice to getting someone into trouble very much. However, as far as she knew they had not been doing anything wrong when upgrading the shuttles. After all Calhoun wouldn't have offered her if t'Khellian did not have the CO's permission would he?

 

“Right now, no…no one is in trouble.  In the future perhaps.  I just need to find out why my flight deck was kept in disarray.  Especially for my department to pick up.  I will notify you of my findings Lieutenant.” Cyrin said taking a drink of his tea. 

 

"I see. Well I hope you find what you’re looking for and I thank you for the tea it was quite helpful." She said softly. She still wasn't sure if she liked that she might have helped get someone else into trouble...

 

“You are welcome Lieutenant, I am glad it helped out.”  He stood up as the Lieutenant did and walked with her out the door to check on his crew and their process of cleaning up the Flight Deck.

 

=/\=

Lieutenant D’Vana Xavier

Assistant Engineering Officer

U.S.S. Charon

 

&

 

=/\=

Ensign Cyrin Dicari

Chief Operations Officer

U.S.S. Charon