Monday, October 19, 2009

[USS Charon] SD240910.19 - Joint Log - CO Shirrael Rehu & Cdt Kallistra Grey Assistant Counselor

[USS Charon, Bridge]

The Charon was beginning to become crowded.  While it was nowhere near overcapacity the average crew compliment of the Luna classes was around 350 personnel.  The Charon was nearing 380- saving those Klingons and recent additions were the cause of the increased population.  In front of her was one such new addition.  The young woman was joining the Counseling staff "welcome aboard the Charon.  I have reviewed your records.  You have my condolences over the loss of your husband."  Although sincere in her statement she had competing thoughts on the subject of a dead Vulcan. 

Kallistra smiled warmly as she extended her arm, offering a hand to shake.  For the past few months, the mere mention of Syrik seemed to dash her spirits but she knew that one day it was something she would have to surmount.  Albeit the fact that the mention of her husband surprised her, she was grateful that someone noticed.

"Thank you, Captain. That is very kind of you to say." She responded, studying the Romulan woman for a moment.  Never before had she seen a Romulan in Starfleet, but a Romulan captain?  That surprised her even more.

Shiarrael nodded her head and motioned to the PADD on her desk "I will be blunt Cadet.  For counselors the Charon can be a difficult assignment.  Recently there have been tensions aboard- and tensions can be difficult to deal with when the root is the background of culture.  We have already lost several counseling personnel to the assortment of pressures.  However, I'm certain our newest chief of counseling, Lieutenant Aubrey Robberts, will ease you into your role in her department.  Do you have any questions cadet?"

"Thank you for the frankness, Sir. However I must say that I have always enjoyed challenges." Kallistra declared a smile forming on her lips, her tone conveying respect then nodded. "Yes I am curious. How serious are the tensions aboard the ship? And when can I get started? This certainly sounds very serious. Is there a lack of counselors on the Charon?"

"No, there are several."  Shiarrael said, remembering that several more were part of the contingent that arrived from the Quantum Fury, including the new chief, Aubrey Robberts.  "But even so it will be a challenge."  She smiled and leaned back in her seat "I see you have a child, did you bring her with you?"

Smiled slightly at the question and nodded, "Why yes...my daughter Bellona. Many of my relatives, my mother included, were against it but I think after the death of my husband, it is important we both move on together. Despite that, she seems eager about being aboard a starship. When I was on the USS Armistice, she lived with my mother so this will be a new experience for her."

Smiled slightly at the question and nodded, "Why yes...my daughter Bellona. Many of my relatives, my mother included, were against it but I think after the death of my husband, it is important we both move on together. Despite that, she seems eager about being aboard a starship. When I was on the USS Armistice, she lived with my mother so this will be a new experience for her."

"The Charon is a family ship- although it may not appear so.  We have many families aboard and the child facilities are beyond standard for a ship of this size.  Even my own children are aboard."  Shiarrael smirked "I hope you will find your assignment here a rewarding experience."

Kallistra nodded as she listened, "Well I hope so as well. I certainly look forward to helping out in any way I can. It is also good to know there are other youngsters aboard." She continued to smile still. "Is there anything further I should know, Ma'am?"

"I am finished unless you have anything specific to ask Cadet.  Report in to Lieutenant Robberts as soon as you settle in."  Shiarrael said.
 
"Thank you, Sir. But that will be all." She smiled moments before making her way off the bridge and over to the turbolift.  Once inside, she raised her voice to address the computer, "Deck 6."
=/\= Turbolift =/\=
 
Captain Shirrael Rehu
Commanding Officer
U.S.S. Charon
&
Cadet Kallistra Grey
Assistance Counselor
U.S.S. Charon