Friday, October 30, 2009

[USS Charon] SD 240910.30 || Joint Dutylog Part I || Lt. Xavier, AEO & Ens. Dicari, COP

=/\= Flight Deck =/\=

 

After his meeting with EnArrain t’Khellian, Cyrin was none to pleased with the way his flight deck looked.  Tapping his commbadge, “Lieutenant D’Vana please report to the Flight Deck.” Was all Cyrin could say as he began running a tricoder over the parts that were littering the deck.  He was going to get to the bottom of this, and find out who was responsible and why they thought they could just leave it as is.  Kicking something that was heavy he cursed, “Damn piece of…”

 

“Excuse me sir?”  Petty Officer Renalds asked.

 

“Yes, what can I help you with?”  Cyrin hissed through the pain now flowing through his foot.

 

“I just needed you to verify that I have spoken to all the Flight Deck personnel and not a single one of them was on duty.”

 

“Thank you,”  He said ‘Where in the hell is Lieutenant D’Vana’ he thought to himself as the Petty Officer walked back and continued her work.

 

D'Vana had just entered her quarters when the voice came over her commbadge requesting she report to the Flight Deck. She groaned and ran a hand over her face. She didn't bother to respond what was the point it sounded very much like an order from an unknown source. Turning back towards the door she made her way out wondering what the problem could be now.

 

It was a short trip back the way she had come She passed a Petty Officer on her way in and with a quick scan of the area and the lone officer she saw muttering over the debris she hadn't known was left behind from working on the shuttles and figured he was the one who had 'called'

 

"You called?" She asked hands on hips one elegant eye brow arched. Her chestnut colored hair shone with health but was wilder then she would like it sometimes. She hadn't had a chance to shower after her first visit to the Flight Deck so her uniform was a mess especially the rip that had been caused on the shoulder from trying to keep the Nacelles from crushing her...

 

Cyrin looked over to the Klingon, “Lieutenant D’Vana I presume?” He asked with a bitterness in his voice.  “Ensign Dicari, Chief Operations.” He introduced himself as he folded the tricoder and put on his belt.  “Please come with me to the Flight Office, I need to ask you a few questions.  Watch your step.” He added as he limped up the stairs to the Flight Office and sat behind the desk, the office was neat and tidy.  As he watched the Klingon enter he nodded, “Please take a seat Lieutenant.”

 

D'Vana frowned. she wasn't sure she liked the bitterness in his voice. was this more racism towards Klingons? Why did Ch'Tan remain on a ship so hostile towards them? She sighed and followed the Ensign to the flight office. She shrugged not wanting to agitate the man further then he already seemed and took a seat where indicated. "Can I ask what this is all about?" She asked unable to prevent the growl that companied her words. She was dirty and exhausted...

 

He watched her face, “Lieutenant, rest assured I have no vendetta against you.  However,” he points out of the window overlooking the flight deck, “according to the crew records, there was no beta shift scheduled for the flight deck, nor was there an alpha shift either.  The records indicate that you and EnArrain t’Khellian were the only two officers on the flight deck.  I want to know why it was left in disarray for my crew to clean up.  And if the two of you didn’t cause the mess who did?”  He looked at her the entire time he was speaking.  He was very unhappy with the situation, and he was doing his best to control the tone of his voice especially with the Lieutenant.

 

D'Vana turned to look back out the window at the mess, she rubbed the bruise on her shoulder where the corner of that damn nacelle had been resting and scowled. "t'Khellian and I were upgrading the Shuttles to her specifications. one of the Nacelles slipped from the tractor beam that was holding it Ensign, nearly crushing me. I helped get the work done then I left early for a shower and to head to bed. when I left a group of engineers were helping to finish up what was left. I assumed they were planning to clean up after themselves." D'Vana said trying to keep her tone civilized. She was after all Klingon and she knew how others viewed half breeds like herself. Even t'Khellian had been rough around the edges with her at first.

 

"As to why the mess was left for you and your crew, I have no clue why it was left, maybe something came. up. If you wish I'll stay and help you clean up the mess that was made by myself and the other officers." D'Vana said managing to remain cool and calm. it wouldn't do to get angry, it would only solidify the view most had of klingons or even half klingons and that they were war mongering and almost always fighting...

 

“Lieutenant, thank you for that bit of information.  I now know who to turn to.  By the looks of it you could do with a trip to sickbay and a sonic shower.  My apologies for being so…dure,” (Harsh) he added, “My predecessor mislead me.  I again apologize Lieutenant.”  He actually took a moment to look at her and noticed she wasn’t full Klingon, “You’re a hybrid aren’t you?” he asked his voice inquisitive and not judgmental.

 

"I'm half human through my father's blood." D'Vana responded noting the Inquisitive tone, however didn't completely relax despite the lack of judgment from him. "and what exactly do you mean by 'know who to turn to.'?" She asked with an arch of one shapely eye brow. her shoulder did hurt something fierce, but her curiosity wouldn't let her walk away... well not yet.

 

“I am half human as well on my father’s side,” he added.  “I assure you Lieutenant I am not going to report you.  That would be invaluable to me, as what you have said is more valuable.”  He said with as much sincerity as possible.  “Would you like something to drink Lieutenant?” he offered.

 

"Ice tea please. your half human? then you’re not fully betazoid?" She asked never would have known the difference if he hadn't told her. Which probably made it easier for him growing up since he looked both human and betazed.

 

He went over to the replicator and punched in a few commands when two cups of Jestral tea appeared.  One was hot the other was iced.  Passing the tea to D’Vana “This is jestral tea, it will help to relax your muscles Lieutenant.” He stated as he sat down and inhaled the scent of the tea before taking a sip.  “Yes I am only half human, half Betazoid.  Being a half-breed growing up was not easy.  Especially one who can sense emotions either aggressively or passively.”  He took another sip of the tea and smiled, “When I was fifteen and still in high school, a group of boys loved to pick on me.  One of them was a Klingon, not unlike yourself.”  He added.

 

=/\=

Lieutenant D’Vana Xavier

Assistant Engineering Officer

U.S.S. Charon

 

&

 

=/\=

Ensign Cyrin Dicari

Chief Operations Officer

U.S.S. Charon