Friday, October 30, 2009

[USS Charon] SD 240910.30 || Joint Dutylog Part II || EnA. t'Khellian, CCOM & Ens. Dicari, COP

Rhiana followed him up the stairs and her eyes drifted to the Petty officer inside the office and she quirked a brow. "I see your changes have been well recived Ensign. Your staff seem to be operating more efficently since our last meeting." she said to him as they moved up to the command console. Rhiana removed the pannel over the main circut junction for Cyrin to begin installing the next section of the device.

Cyrin moved to the main circuit junction and began installing the next portion of the device, “Well it hasn’t been official yet, she is only in an acting capacity.  I plan on talking to the Command team about a possible promotion for her and a permanent placement as Chief Flight Operations Officer,” he said as he put the device in fully.  “I think it may also have to do with some encouragement from you and the fact that I sent a person to the brig after he attacked me, unprovoked,” he added.

Rhiana stopped in her tracks and stared at Cyrin for a long moment, At first she was going to say something polite about the compliment about her encouragement but then when he said the last bit a near red haze fell over her eyes. "A junior officer struck you Ensign? Provoked or not that man needs to be court marshaled immediately. A deep space exploration vessel has no room for treason on that level. We are far away from our homes and justice needs to be met out harshly." she said coldly. She had taken the Ensign under her wing so to speak and this violation of the chain of command infuriated her.

“EnArrain, it has been handled.  It is now in the Command’s jurisdiction.  However, the same could be said of me.  I…” he paused for a moment and moved back a few steps near the door just in case “I attempted to kill the Commanding Officer.  That is treason within its own right.  Would you say that I should be punished and court marshaled and need to meet the harsh justice?” He asked her.

She shook her head and calmed a bit. "I have been informed of that situation Ensign, The Captain has already dealt with your case and choose to put you in command of operations. It was bold of you, if somewhat ill-advised.” she said actually avoiding answering what she thought about it. She was actually conflicted by it, On one hand she was amused by the attempt on Rehu's life and would have loved to see it succeed. However on the other hand, He was in the wrong and deserved to be executed for attempting to kill the commanding officer.

“Yes, she has.  But again the possibility of her changing her mind is abundant and still possible.  She taught me a lesson, and a wear it every day,” he pointed to his Ensign pip.  “These weigh heavy on me everyday knowing that I am, as the Humans say, walking on thin ice.”  He slowly moved back to the device and initiated it.  He wasn’t proud of what he had done, and with the help of Sakarra he was learning.  “I ask that you don’t put me on a pedestal or praise me more than I deserve.  Because I am no better than the non-commissioned officer I sent to the brig.” He added solemnly, waiting for the console to initiate the device.

"Ensign if you live your life in fear you will be always find ways to make your fears come true. The only person you need to worry about is yourself. If you are sure of what you are doing and what you want the Tyrant of the Charon will never have an excuse to make you pay as you call it. You see the Captain is a devil it is true but, she still has part of a Romulan Soul. Personal malice and revenge come second to duty. Be efficient and you will never leave her an opportunity to punish you." she said to him softly.

As Cyrin put the device into the console the lights flickered all throughout the Flight Deck. Rhiana raised a slender eyebrow and looked around the room."Curious...That shouldn't have happened. Ensign check the output of the device." she said to him as she stepped up pulling her tricorder.

Grabbing the tricoder from his side he set it to scan the device as he himself manually checked the output.  He wasn’t exactly sure what to be looking for, all he knew was Starfleet outputs.  “EnArrain, the standard output for this console, excluding Romulan technology, is not at peak efficiency.  In fact it is seventy two point three percent below optimum operation capacity.  Of course optimum capacity in my standard is ninety five to one hundred precent, so this is running at twenty two point seven to twenty seven point seven percent of capacity.”  He rubbed his neck, “What is the operating capacity of that device?” he asked pointing to the Romulan technology.

Rhiana looked down at the readings Cyrin had made and then looked back up at him."The standard operating capacity for the relay is two hundred megajewls per ten second pulse." she said to him as she scanned the device and quirked a brow again."However something has drained its power supply...It is only running at fifty Megajewls per pulse." she had no idea how it had happened but she began to run a diagnostic on it.

Cyrin punched in a few commands and began a level three diagnostic of the console, “Was this console prepped for the device EnArrain?” Cyrin asked as he began to read through the readouts noting that the console wasn’t prepped and that the device had caused a power drain.  “The device caused a power drain apparently with the console when I put it in.”  He stated, not mentioning the first part of the read out.

Rhiana quirked a eyebrow and stepped up to the young ensign and nodded, "After Lieutenant Xavier and I finished with the shuttles I did inform the flight control officer on duty at the time that she needed to increase the power settings to my specifications. I also told her of a helpful engineer who could assist her. I would assume they had it done, but I can't say for sure having not checked it myself." she said looking at him slightly confused by his asking.

“I see,” he said.  “Who was the flight control officer on duty?” he asked “None of my crew were on duty here in the flight deck yesterday.  They were running drills in the holodeck,” he countered.  “So, not only did we just waist what precious little time we have, we also have to reconfigure the console and possibly reconfigure the device?” he state and asked at the same time, displeasure clearly in his voice.  “EnArrain, next time please send me the request or order for any changes that way I,” he emphasized the word “can make sure it gets done.”

She wondered if she should tell him that all humans looked alike to her and their names were painfully hard to remember. Instead she thought a moment and then answered."It was Petty officer Braun, I didn't get her first name but she seemed competent when I looked at her, I apologize for my mistake Ensign. Next time I will make sure I inform you of my requests that way I know they will get done by an efficient officer." she said to him and actually straightened a little feeling a bit chastised by this mistake.

"As to reconfiguring the device yes I will have to recharge it to its proper capacity, I can do that while you update the EPS relays in the Flight control panel if you would?" she asked him and reached over taking the device from him and began to press in a series of complicated Romulan numerals.

“I can do that,” he offered as she took the device.  He watched slightly infatuated with the device before turning towards the console and reconfiguring what could take awhile.  This might make some time for small talk as it where.  Tapping in a few commands he first had to bring the console up to optimal performance quality before even attempting to reconfigure it.  “EnArrain it may be an hour to an hour and a half before we can input the device again.”  He offered.

 "An hour hmm? That is mildly annoying as this should have been a simple operation. On the bright side recharging the device should only take around thirty minutes, though one of our tricorders will have to valiantly sacrifice its life to the cause." she said trying to keep his and her own mood light with adding a little dramatic language to the conversation. It was mostly to keep the aggravation out of her own voice."Well what shall we do while we wait Ensign?" she asked him politely and with a touch more respect the normal as she saw firsthand his professionalism.

“I would prefer to stay fairly close to the unit, just in case.  Because of its low level, I am not even sure it can handle a ‘charge up’ if you will.  As for the tricoder,” he opened a drawer and pulled out a spare one, “this one can valiantly offer up its life.”  He said smiling at her words.  “Seeing as we now have roughly fifty nine minutes to spare…I honestly don’t know EnArrain.  I tend to feel out of my ‘element’ in a social setting.”

She took the tricorder from him and began to work it open to directly expose it's power core to help in the charging of the device."Oh I’m sorry to hear that. For me I was born into the life of a noble. Social interaction is something I was drilled in since I was old enough to hold a reasonable conversation. What exactly bothers you about just what is the human word...'Hanging on' with someone?" she asked him softly not knowing that she had mistook hanging out with Hanging on..Human allusions were difficult for her.

“I really don’t know why it bothers me.  I grew up as a diplomat’s son, so one would think I was comfortable hanging out in the social scene.” He said as he began another process of fixing the EPS.

She slid open the panels on the black device's right side and attached a direct line power relay to the tricorder as she listened to him. After making sure the connections were tight she looked back up at him as he fixed the EPS."Perhaps that is the reason why in itself? Sometimes when a parent forces a child along with them to their meetings and try to sculpt them in their image a deep rebelliousness forms in their soul." she said and grinned a little when her Senator father's face came to mind when she told him she was staying in the Military.

“That’s the thing I wasn’t forced to those functions, occasionally I would have to go.  But that was seldom.  I wasn’t exactly a rebel either.  Though I am the first of the male line to enter into Starfleet and not the Diplomatic Corps.  But both parents supported my decision.  I have always been good at tinkering, if you will.”  He said and a bit surprised she was sharing with him.

=/\=
EnArrian Rhiana t'Khellian
Chief Communications Officer
U.S.S. Charon

&

=/\=
Ensign Cyrin Dicari
Chief Operations Officer
U.S.S. Charon