Friday, October 9, 2009

[USS Charon] SD240910.09 | Joint Log | D. King & A. Robberts | Part 2

=/-\= Begin Log =/-\=

 

Location: Eris Deck, USS Charon

Timeline: After various logs with t'Khellian

 

"I'll have a turkey sandwich and a glass of sweet tea," David added to the order before the serve moved to retrieve their meal. Turning his attention back to Aubrey he sighed, "I hope to have my office set up by the end of the week; the quarters after that."

 

"We spent a month on the Warrior, and you never did get your quarters set up." She said with a laugh. "I already beat you, I have my office and my quarters done." she said with a smirk.

 

David had to shrug slightly as he answered, "Yeah, well, I already feel more comfortable here than I did on Warrior."

 

"I'm going to make sure you actually set into your quarters this time." She said with a smile. "We can start on that tonight if you'd like." She said as the waiter returned with their food.

 

As he moved his arms to allow his dinner to be set down, David shrugged, "We could try, I suppose. There's really not a lot to unpack in the quarters." He accepted his glass of tea and immediately took a drink. When he finally lowered the glass he added, "Oh, and I need a good holopicture of you."

 

"I have several saved on my database." Since their trip to the Klingon Homeworld, her home, she had been taking holophotos of them. So by now she had a good collection saved. "We can sort through some of mine, and you can pick which one you want." She said with a nod, starting to eat as soon as her food was down on the table.

 

"Sounds like a plan then," he replied as he moved to pick up his sandwich. "It'll look good on my desk." He then raised his hands and took a bite.

 

"Your desk?" Her voice strained some; she thought it was going to be in his quarters.

 

He nodded as he chewed. When he had swallowed he said, "Yes, my desk. Need something to put in there. And you're the closest thing I have to family."

 

It felt odd to her with him saying that...she didn't dislike it, it was just something odd to her, perhaps because it was new. She actually started to like it as she thought about it. "Then it better be one of the both of us together."

 

"If that's what you want," he said after swallowing another bite. Apparently he had been hungrier than he had realized. "Though you tend to be far more photogenic than me."

 

"I have a few good ones where you weren't making a face like I was forcing you to be in the picture." She said with a laugh.

 

"Then I'll take a copy of them all," David said before taking a drink. "That way I have enough for my desk and my quarters."

 

"Don't go overboard in your office, David." She said with a blush on her face.

 

With a sigh David set his sandwich back down on its plate and took a deep breath. Finally he looked over at her, "Speaking of quarters, there was something I wanted to ask you about."

 

"Ask away..." She took a few more bites before she looked up to him.

 

His hands clasping each other on the surface of the table, he wet his lips before saying, "We've been together for a while now. Not a long while, but long enough to know that I'm happy with you. I mean, we already spend so much time together, and we're usually in one set of quarters or another."

 

"You want to combine quarters." She wasn't asking, she knew that was what he was going to ask. She now put her full attention on him.

 

For an instant David was taken by surprise at how bluntly she had worded it, but her assumption was correct. Finally he nodded, "Yes. I do."

 

"And if I told you I wanted to?" Aubrey asked, raising an eyebrow. For the time they had known each other, she had always insisted that they have their own quarters, even if normally they were in one or the others. This was the first time she seemed interested in the idea.

 

If he had been surprised by how she had worded her previous statement, this pronouncement left him speechless. Several seconds later he managed to stutter a response, "T-then I'd s-say we need to talk to the quartermaster."

 

"If you came to my quarters, it would save me the hassle of having to help you unpack your own quarters." She reached across the table, resting a hand on his when he started to stutter.

 

He nodded silently for a second as he ran over things in his mind. Thirty seconds ago he had been ready to argue his case; never would he have guessed she would have so willingly agreed. "Um...yes, that would be easier for both of us, I think. Helps that we're neighbors, too."

 

"I know that was on purpose." She said with a reassuring smile. "We can take care of this tonight, but let's finishing eating." Her stomach had started to settle now that she had drunk most of the ginger ale and eaten.

 

Looking down at the remnants of his dinner he shrugged, "I think I'm done. Got my insides all twisted up for nothing it seems."

 

She gave a nod, then finished up her food, leaving nothing on her plate. "Of course you would do that to yourself." As she finished Aubery looked up to him. "Let's go to speak to the quartermaster."

 

=/-\= To Be Continued =/-\=

 

Commander David King, M.D.

Chief Medical Officer

USS Charon NCC-80111

 

Lieutenant Aubrey Robberts

Head Counselor

USS Charon NCC-80111