Friday, October 2, 2009

[USS Charon] [Backlog] SD240906.15 | Joint Log | Dr. D. King & LT A. Roberts | Part 4

=/-\= Continue Log =/-\=

 

Location: Deep Space Nine, Bajoran Sector

Timeline: Six weeks prior to arrival on USS Charon

 

"We can use holodecks almost anywhere we go, so I'm not so sure about those," She pondered between sips of her bloodwine. "There are a lot of shops here," She offered. "And the Bajoran temple... I heard that they have one of their orbs there," She said, remembering what he had said earlier about their spiritual life.

 

"I'm not really sure they'd give us access to one of the Wormhole Aliens' orbs," he said, though secretly he would have loved an opportunity to toy with a couple of them sometime, "What with being non-believers and all. I'd kind of like to get a look at the Defiant. I mean she should probably be in a museum by now; but she's out on a mission, and I'm sure you have no interest in it."

 

She gave a slight smile after taking another sip of her bloodwine, she indeed didn't have much interest in looking at the Defiant, even if it was a much talked about ship. "You're most likely right...I'm sure I wouldn't even get near it." She said, leaning into him.

 

 "So that still leaves us with the problem," he said, leaning forward to plant a soft kiss on the tip of her nose, "Of what to do with our evening."

 

"I can always drag you along to the various shops and make you pay..." she said teasingly. "Maybe we can go to a holodeck and use a program that we would normally not have access too."

 

David knew the reputation of the holosuites in Quark's Bar, and really had no intention of stepping foot inside them. "Anything in particular you feel like buying?"

 

"I was running late to get here, so I didn't get a chance to look around. I'm not sure at all what's here," she said, curious.

 

"Well why don't you lead the way?" he asked in return before finishing off his drink. "I'm sure we can find you something to commemorate the occasion."

 
"Something for me? I hate to be the only one buying something." She said with a sly smile, finishing off her bloodwine. After he had finished his own drink, Aubrey slipped her hand into his, leading him out of Quark's Bar toward the main level of the Promenade.

"I don't need anything," he said, following her onto the Promenade. "I've got everything I need."

"There are needs, David... and there are wants..." She said with a smile. Sometimes she was sucker for being able to shop like this now and then, because she didn't get the chance often.

"Then let me rephrase," David replied with a smile in her direction. "I've got everything I need -and- everything I want."

"You're being modest," She said warmly as they strolled down the Promenade. The crowed seemed to be calmer than it was when they were there earlier. The crowds must of been from several ships docking at the same time, Aubrey guessed.

"Not at all," he countered. "All I -need- is a billet, food and water to live off us, and my duties." He looked at her again as he finished, "And all I -want- is you."

 

"Good thing your want isn't too hard to come by." She liked being his, and only his. It was a good feeling to be wanted beyond anything else.

 

"Absolutely," he answered. "I can't imagine anything else that I was desire more. So, what is it you're looking for tonight?"

 

"But I can always do that tomorrow when your busy." She told him, concerned about him being interested as well. "Is there anything you would be interested in doing, hon?"

 

He took several minutes to consider her question, and immediately several options came to mind. But a few of them required being locked away within their guest quarters. Finally she shrugged, "Really, I don't' care if we just watch the ships go through the wormhole as long as it's you I've doing it with."

 

"One clothing store.... just one...." She said with a smile, knowing she could make him bear at least one before she drove him wild. "Then perhaps we go back to Quark's for another drink?"

 

"Sounds good to be," he replied with a smile. Despite his misgivings about being once again unassigned, he was thrilled to have her with him.

 

Seeing a small shop that was of interest to her, she led him there. Stepping into the shop, the shopkeeper- a Bajoran woman, gave her a smile and a nod.

 

David let go of her hand and moved to lean on the counter as she went to explore what the store had to offer. He smiled as he watched her.

 

Looking about the store, she found dress hanging that she was fond of. Asking the Bajoran if she could try it on, the Bajoran led her to a small one person dressing room. Entering the room, she took off her blue dress she was already wearing. From the outside, it was easy for David to see the dress fall down to her feet.

 

Again repressing the ideas of how he might like to spend a private evening along with Aubrey, he turned his gaze from her bare ankles and the dress on the floor to watch the people walk past the shop entrance.

 

=/-\= To Be Continued… =/-\=

 

Commander David King, M.D.

Unassigned Officer

 

Lieutenant Aubrey Roberts

Unassigned Officer