Monday, October 5, 2009

[USS Charon] [Backlog] SD240906.16 | Joint Log | Dr. D. King & LT A. Roberts | Part 2

=/-\= Begin Log =/-\=

 

Location: Deep Space Nine, Bajoran Sector

Timeline: After David's meeting with Admiral Jones

 

He pulled back, but only enough to where he could look her in the eyes, "I'm sorry, beautiful. Guess I'm just a little excited right now."

 

She gave him a light kiss on his lips. "I understand, love." She said with a warm smile.

He leaned in and kissed her full on without saying a word. He was thrilled beyond excitement that she had agreed.

She returned the kiss, the pulled back after several moments. "You're really happy about this, aren't you?"

 

His nods were energetic as he answered, "The happiest I've been yet, I think. I mean...to know that you would follow me at all tells me so much about how you feel."

 

"I could just go home... but I don't want to lose you again." She said with a shake of her head. Losing him or what she had thought as losing him had done damage to her emotions that she didn't want again.

 

"And I don't want to lose you either," David replied as he moved his hands to rest on top of hers. "But duty means a lot to me. I don't have, and never have had, a home. My duty is all I've ever known."

 

"I know. It's getting harder and easier for me to be away from home. My siblings are starting to have families, so I missing out on seeing them start... but I also have someone to keep me while I'm away." She said with a smile.

 

He smiled back and her and nodded, "And there's no place I'd rather be than by your side. But to be able to be by your side and still serve...I can't think of anything more absolutely perfect."

 

"I know." She felt so much for him, and she liked the way it made her feel. Feeling her stomach wince, she gave a smile. "Mind if we have something to eat? I haven't eaten since yesterday..."

 

"Go ahead," he answered, leaning back against the sofa. He pulled in a deep breath as he continued, "To be honest I'm not really hungry. I'm sure it'll come back to bite me later, but I'm just too excited to eat right now."

 

She kissed his cheek before she stood up. Going to the replicator she ordered oatmeal, even if it was past breakfast time, it was what she was in the mood for. Sitting next to him again with her food, setting it on the coffee table she took a few bites before she glanced at him again.

 

He watched her as she began it eat. It was curious how she could look so beautiful no matter what it was she was doing. Finally he spoke, noticing her glance, "That helping?"

 

She lightly rolled her eyes. "I wish eating wasn't so damn incontinent." She naturally had a very high metabolism that went through the energy of the food she ate very quickly. It was a benefit, helping keeping her on the thinner side, but it also made her need food more often. "Feeling better already."

"Well good," he replied with a smile. David had always been quite the opposite; if he didn't make regular trips to the gymnasium his uniform would begin to fit just that much tighter.

 

Finishing her food, she cleaned up her dishes. It was already mid-afternoon. "Is there anything you want to do here before we leave DS9," she asked, curious.

 

"Not really," he said with a slight shrug, adjusting to lean his head back on the sofa. "I've really seen what I wanted to. What about you? Anything you want to do before we depart?"

 

"A station is a station." She said shaking her head before she sat down next to him again. Her hand softly went to his neck, sliding between the back of his neck and the couch. "You're going to cramp your neck doing that..." She said softly rubbing.

 

His head lulled to the side as she rubbed at his neck, a light moan escaping as he closed his eyes. In fact he had been tense since leaving the Admiral's office earlier that morning, worried that Aubrey might have (for whatever reasons) turned down his invitation. "That feels…amazing."

 

She felt his tense muscles react some to her touch, giving a frown. "If you can get your muscles more tense than this I would be surprised." She said a slight frown on her face. Standing up she took his hands in hers pulling him up with her. "Come here." She said, her voice said she wasn't going to take no for an answer.

 

Raising an eyebrow he complied, standing up from the couch and following her, "And where are we going?"

 

She led him to the bedroom, guiding him to the bed. She helped him take off his shoes before she spoke again. "I'm going to help loosen you up..." She said, a smile softly on her face. "I can't get to you properly with you on the couch." She told him, as she made him lie on his stomach as she moved onto the bed next to him.

The position felt slightly awkward, a little vulnerable, to David, and for a moment he strained his neck around to try and see what she was going to do. He wasn't used to being placed like this in front of someone.

 

"Shhhh..." She said soothingly, her hands moving to his shoulders softly working at his muscles. "You need to relax... it's only me..." She could sense that he was feeling vulnerable.

 

Reluctantly he laid his head down in between his arms, which he had up above his shoulders on the bed. He had to admit that it felt wonderful, and within moments his eyes were closed and he was on the verge of actual relaxation.

 

"But you asked me after you obtained it." She said softly. "You didn't just assume I would go with you." She liked, and disliked it at the same time. She didn't want him to assume that she would just go with him, but she wanted him to know that she didn't want to leave him either. "I'm going with you, and that's all that matters." She said softly.

 

He nodded, the side of his face rubbing against the bed, "You're right, of course. I can't tell you what it means to me."

 

She kept working on his muscles, feeling him relax even more. Softly she started to hum, it was a song that she had played once when they had first met in Ten Forward.

 

The soft tones of her voice, coupled with the amazing sensations emanating from his back and shoulders, was finally enough to send him over the brink of unconsciousness. His breathing began to be deeper and more rhythmic as he slipped into a light sleep.

 

Feeling that he had finally fallen asleep, she took a deep breath herself. She laid down next to him even if she had only woken up a few hours before. Aubrey listened to him breathe for some time, a long time, before she finally fell into an extremely light sleep.

 

=/-\= To Be Continued =/-\=

 

Commander David King, M.D.

Replacement Officer

USS Charon NCC-80111

 

Lieutenant Aubrey Roberts

Replacement Officer

USS Charon NCC-80111