Wednesday, September 2, 2009

[USS Charon] SD240909.02 | Personal Log | Cmdr P. Jennings | CCNS

=/-\= Personal Quarters, USS Charon =/-\=

 

Paul had heard Sakarra's vocalizations has he had stepped out of the make-shift crew lounge, and he couldn't help but smile as he made his way down the corridor. At first he had found the young woman a curiosity, a person who warranted a closer inspection. Now, ever, he was full-on fascinated by her. How someone with Vulcan heritage had come out as she had was a mystery (though he felt that most Vulcanoids could learn a thing or two from her).

 

After leaving he had made his way back to his quarters. Some nice downtime sounded great, and he figured he could get a glass of something from the replicator (his real bottles were not to be wasted so thoughtlessly) and would relax to some music. The counselor had recently acquired a very nice recording of some of Tor Jolan's later works, not to mention the rendition of Qul Tuq he had allowed to 'gather dust' in his personal files.

 

As he entered his quarters he pulled off the outer jacket of his duty uniform, casually tossing it over the back of one of the room's chairs as he moved back through the sleeping area to the head. Activating the water in the sink to a temperature that began to steam, he reached down with cupped hands and splashed the water against his face.

 

"Computer," he called out as he toweled off the water from his face. "Begin recording a personal log."

 

The computer chimed ready as he made his way back to the living area, "It's been a little bit now since I arrived on board this vessel, and I think I'm finally starting to find my niche here." He moved towards the replicator and retrieved a glass of merlot as he continued, "It's taken some time, but I feel that most of the crew has come to trust me. I have to admit, at first I didn't know if Counseling would be very well suited for me."

 

Paul lowered himself down onto his sofa and took a small drink from his glass before continuing, "I will also admit that I miss working in an infirmary, as well as the feel of command. Nothing I've come across yet has equaled to the time I spent sitting on the command dais on Intrepid or Enterprise. But there's something comfortable about listening to someone open up to you, and knowing that you can help that person."

 

A long sigh escaped from him as he lifted his legs up onto the sofa, kicking off his boots as he did so, "Will I ever find another Jera'turak Ros? Or Mojgan Ortega? I don't know. But I know that Commodore t'Rehu is at twice the commanding officer Kerry Malone had been. At least now I don't have to watch over someone trying to sleep with every other female member of the crew."

 

He took another drink, pondering his past for a moment before adding, "And then there's the recent…'help' I've gotten here on Charon. It has been recently shown to me, in not so ambiguous terms, that I need to keep an eye on my own support structure. She was right, of course, in that I had let myself get caught up in the well being of so many others that I hadn't really focused on myself. But I don't think that's going to be a problem anymore. I'm now aware of the situation, and I've gotten a volunteer to listen t me when I need it."

 

Turning his head to gaze out of the small viewport at the planet below, he let out another soft sigh, "The point is, I think I'm going to like it here…"

 

=/-\= End Log =/-\=

 

Commander Paul Jennings
Chief Counselor
USS Charon NCC-80111