Friday, September 4, 2009

[USS Charon] SD:240909.02 || JL || Esn Nathanial Doyle & Ens Sutek

Nathanial had just finished settling into his new office, if you could really call it that, it was more like a small attachment to the main science lab. He sat down and turned on his console. "Whats on the cards for today" he said to himself. 
Sensor pod tests, more scans on local space, greeting the new science crew from the Quantum Fury, and reviewing the science logs from the past week. 
He decided to start by reviewing the logs, 'might as well start in the past and work my way to the present' he thought to himself. Just as he opened the first log he noticed a figure striding through the lab towards his office. 

The doors to Nathanial's office opened with a hiss and an average size Vulcan male walked in. He stepped up to the desk and came to a well practiced attention. Not wasting any time he said, "Ensign Sutek reporting for duty. As you no doubt know, I have been assigned here as a Stellar Cartographer. Here are my orders." Sutek held out the data slate in his hand and presented it to his new department head. 

Nathanial looked the Vulcan over, and grabbed the PADD. 'Well I guess I ill start with the new science crew then' he thought to himself. 
"At ease Ensign, and welcome abord the USS Charon" 
He looked over the data everything looked in check, he wondered how Galen would take to having another person working in Stellar Cartography, that would indeed be intresting. 
"So Ensign Sutek, what made you choose Stellar Cartography?" He asked the Vulcan. 

Sutek relaxed slightly. "Sir, I have a PhD from the Vulcan Science Academy in Astrophysics. During my studies I came to the logical conclusion that in order to better understand the universe I must experience it first hand. During my time at Starfleet Academy I discovered the lack of definitive star charts of this quadrant. It was the logical decision that, if I was going to be studying the universe first hand, I should make accurate charts along the way." 

Nathanial nodded his head, he still had alot to do today, he placed the PADD down on his desk and looked up to the Vulcan. 
"I gather you have been shown to your quaters already, and I expect you in bright and early for your first duty shift tomorrow. You are dismissed Ensign, " 

Sutek gave an acknowledgment and came back to the position of attention. Abruptly he turned and exited the office. 

Nathanial thought about how much could change here and how quickly the change happened. He didn't have time to ponder at the moment though, as he turned towards his display "Now lets look at those logs!" He said while losing himself in his work. 


Ensign Nathanial Doyle 
Chief Science Officer 
USS Charon 

Ensign Sutek
Assistant Science Officer 
USS Charon