Wednesday, November 4, 2009

[USS Charon] SD 240911.04 || Joint Backlog || Cmdr. Marcus, CSEC & Ens. Dicari, COP

=/\= Eres Deck =/\=

Cyrin sat at a table secluded from other people as he went over some modifications he wanted to do to the crew roster for his department.  Sipping at his jestral tea he laid one padd down off into what was obviously a layout of some sort on the table.  He was trying to decide on who it was he was going to place as the new Chief Flight Deck Operations Officer, giving a sigh he just stared out of the view port watching the nebula.

Dylan walked into the lounge and looked around. He saw Cyrin sitting and staring out the porthole. He walked over and nodded to the Ensign. "Mind If I join you Ensign?" he asked as he noticed the PADD. "Now I understand the need to stare out at the View. Departmental changes?" 

Cyrin looked over to the Chief of Security and started to stand up, “Please,” he offered motioning for the Commander to have a seat, “Yes trying to decide who to assign as the Chief Flight Operations Officer.  Tricky business.  I have one person in mind, but it would require a rank increase.  Another person already has the rank.  Decisions decisions.”  He said with a half smile.

Dylan nodded. He knew all too well the pressures of running a Department. "Who is most qualified?" he asked as he motioned to the server that he would have what the ensign was having, and to bring another for Cyrin.

“Jestral tea Commander,” Cyrin said letting him know what he was drinking, “Well Petty Officer Janel Renalds took lead when I had Petty Officer Thomas thrown in the brig.  And Senior Chief Petty Officer Maldun has the rank.  Now you see my issue?” He asked.

"I do indeed." He said beginning to see the dilemma. "And the Chief Petty Officer... Maldun is it? Didn't step up when Thomas was our guest?" he asked. "Has he shown behavior like this before in past assignments?"

“Reviewing over his records he transferred over from Engineering, and it looks like he didn’t ‘step up’ if you will in that department either.  So yes he didn’t step up when Thomas was your guest.  Renalds has been handling everything.  From reports to duty rosters to even general maintenance of the shuttles without hesitation or my even having to ask her to.”  He added as the waiter brought the jestral tea to them.

"Then from that; I would say that you found your man. I'm sure that the xo would agree that promoting the one who took up the work is in the best interest of the department" He said taking a sip of tea.

“Thank you commander.  I was thinking she was the right pick, but you just helped to clarify that.”  Cyrin said with a nod.

"Glad to be of assistance." Dylan said as he leaned back in the chair. "Other than the trials of departmental operation, how are you? How is the captain treating you these days?" he asked the loaded question.

 “Myself, I am doing much better.  With the aid of Sakarra…I mean Lieutenant Tyrax I have overcome many obstacles.  As for Captain t’Rehu…that is another story entirely.  She has offered me a second chance so I am doing my best to not disappoint.”  There were many more things he wished to say but opted to bite his tongue in front of the Commander.

 "Fair enough." He said smiling as he took another sip of the tea. "I know the Captain is a... how shall we say; interesting person to work for." he said. "I take it there are more things you would like to say, hmmmm? relax Cyrin, this is off the record. I'm just trying to have a friendly conversation."

Cyrin nodded, “Yes she is ummm very interesting, and the things I would like to say are quite harsh.  Given I respect her as a commanding officer, but that is about as far as my respect goes.”  He answered.

"Aside from Cole..." he shuddered to mention the man's name. He had no love for Romulans much himself over his career, but Cole was a lunatic. "You may be the only honest person I met who would openly voice that sentiment. I find it oddly refreshing."

“Commander, after what I tried to do.  I can’t exactly hide the sentiment.  As for honesty, part of my heritage teaches us to be honest even if it will upset another.”  Cyrin said smiling slightly.

"That is true." he replied. "Let me tell you, I didn't exactly make myself the best officer in her eyes either. In fact back in my SSF Days, I wasn't well liked by Romulans much. It was a wonder why I was assigned to this post. Since I was, I found myself strangely enough respecting her for being honest in her passions if not her methods.

It was odd to be having a personal conversation about things he had kept quiet for so long with a man that he didn't know until this assignment.

“Commander, you were in SSF?  Mind if I ask what that stands for, my memory is failing me at this moment.”  Cyrin asked

"Star Fleet Special Forces." he said with a smile. "It was adapted and finally reformed into First force. but the Special forces were old school. got things done."

“I see, well perhaps this might explain why I was able to get past your security officers.  I am First Force certified Commander.”  Cyrin said with both pride and regret.

"Well that just goes to show that you are very resourceful." He said sipping the tea once more. it really was quite good. "I just ask that you don't make a habit of doing so deal?" he said with a smirk.

 “Commander you don’t have to worry about that.  You figured out how I got past your crew.  So that same maneuver will no longer work.”  He said with smile, “So yes it’s a deal.” 

"You know if Operations ever gets dull for you, I could always use someone with your talents." he said with a wide grin. He also knew that it may get them both stuck in a life pod floating back to the Federation if The captain found out.

“Operations would never get dull for me.  I would be willing to lend my talents to the security department though if you would like.”  He added.

"That would be welcome. Maybe you could work with the two guards you snuck past." he laughed. "Make sure they don't sleep on the job anymore.”

“It wasn’t as if they were asleep, just simple to slip by.  A false documented padd, and some quick words allowed me to slip past.”   Cyrin commented as he took a sip of the tea.  His tea drinking was all Sakarra’s fault for getting him hooked on jestral tea and somewhat off the coffee.

"Yes I am aware, I saw the report." Marcus said with a groan. He had heard no end to that little slip up from the Captain before she was a Captain. "It would have seemed that the safety of the Captain may be somewhat less a priority with some." he said more serious.

He bit his tongue, “So it would seem Commander, so it would seem.”

"The thing is, I think that there may still be those that are waiting to get a chance to get at the Captain. If so they are just waiting to get a chance to strike when the enhanced security around her is relaxed."

“To be honest Commander, I haven’t sensed any type of threatening activity towards Captain t’Rehu.  A lot of animosity, hatred, and anger but no threats.”  He answered.  “If the information to the question I am about to ask is classified please just say so.  However, I am interested to know what your plans are to keep the Captain safe.  I may even be able to offer some additional help in making sure that our Captains life remains intact.”  He offered.

"Call it a hunch ensign."He said. " let me ask you this, what do you know about an organization called section 31?"

“I have heard of them before Commander, but that is nothing but hear say.  Most people deny their existence.”  The Ensign responded.

"Yes officially." he said. "Unofficially is a different story."

“Really?”  Cyrin asked intrigued “How so?” He asked as well.

Dylan looked around, not wanting a passerby to over. Hear the conversation. He was even having concerns about a few of his men, though he couldn't act on a poorly chosen word here or there.

"I think our Mr Dal may have an accomplice aboard. He left a trail behind large enough even a Naucican could follow it."

“Oh?” Cyrin asked looking around before lowering his voice, “What can I do to help out Commander?”

"It may be nothing at all, but there is still a very anti romulan sentiment aboard. I may give u a few names talk to them; maybe you can get more than I could"

 

=/\=
Commander Dylan Marcus
Chief Security Officer
U.S.S. Charon

 

&

 

=/\=

Ensign Cyrin Dicari

Chief Operations Officer

U.S.S. Charon