Saturday, December 12, 2009

[USS Charon] SD:240912.12 || Duty Log || CSEC, Commander Dylan Marcus "Uninvited Guests"

=/\= Security - USS Charon =/\=


Dylan was up to his knees, so to speak; trying to assess the state of ship security. The trip down here from the shuttle landing was an excersize in survival training all over again. Best he could figure, they were still being chased by Romulan ships.

Charon was a mess. Blown EPS conduits and debris littered the corridors. He couldn't even get a cup of Coffee, he was too busy trying to keep the ship from falling apart with no way to effectively handle security with the damaged systems.

"Alice, what's your operational status?" he asked as he picked up a stack of PADDS that had fallen to the floor.

An image of a red headed young woman appeared, flickered for a minute before stabilizing.  "My core Operating system is functioning at 72% of optimum, Internal sensors are reduced to 46% and Internal counter measures are at 27%" she said calmly.

"That's just perfect. We just fixed you." he said with a shake of his head.

"I know. I must say I find the whole thing rather disturbing. It's like going to sleep and waking up blind and lame." She said in mild annoyance. "Though I should probably be happy. with the Computer in worse shape than I am, maybe they can give it some personality when they repair it?"

"No disagreements here," Dylan said. "The computer has about as much personality as a Photon Torpedo. and you don't sleep Alice."

"I didn't say I did sir, I was just using an example that you would relate to." She said with a half serious, half mock tone.

Dylan wasn't sure if he should be happy or not about that little clarification. It was one thing to have an AI aboard, it was completely different to have that same AI call you unintelligent. "Locate the Captain.!" he said getting focused back on his duties.

"The Captain is currently en route to deck 8"

"What is she doing there?" he asked. "I don't know, my sensors in that area are not functional and my link to the main computer is hampered. "I am however picking up additional life signs outside of duty stations. They are heading for Engineering and the Bridge."

"Romulans?" he asked her.

"I can't be certain, but I would hazard a guess to say yes."

"Dammit!" Dylan shook his head. "Can you raise all security Officers?" he asked hoping that the comms were working at least.

"Yes I am receiving signals from all but three officers."

"Good patch me through!" he said. As the Avatar nodded, he tapped his com badge. "Commander Marcus to all security. We have intruders on decks 8 and 3, they are heading for Engineering and the Bridge. I want teams to those locations now! I want all secured areas to have double guards on them and a deck by deck search to make sure there are no other uninvited guests." He said as he rushed to the Armory. He grabbed a phaser II and his personal weapon, the CI-90 Defender. It was a bit shorter and more accurate than the standard Type IIIb rifles.

"I'm heading for Deck 8. Watch your Targets people."


=/\= End Log =/\=


Commander Dylan Marcus
Chief Security Officer
USS Charon







Get Windows 7 for only $39.99-CDN College or University students only. This offer ends Jan 3-upgrade now!