Saturday, December 12, 2009

[USS Charon] SD:240912.12 || Joint Back Log. || CSEC Cmdr Dylan Marcus. & Capt Nikolai Chernienko "Lines in the Sand"


<<OOC: This log is a sort of flashback to just after the Marine mutiny attempt.>>

=/\= Main Security Office =/\=

Dylan sat behind his desk and glared over it at the Marine that sat in front of him. He nodded to the two guards to wait outside so they could have a private talk. He was not accustomed to having to arrest Starfleet officers, nor was he one who enjoyed having his trust betrayed.

"So tell me Captain, what the hell were all you thinking?" He asked his anger showing through.

Nikolai had a large bruise over his left eye where he was clocked by the Security officer in the recent battle. His hands were bound by the shackles on his wrists. He turned his dark eyes toward Dylan and said flatly."We were thinking of rescuing the proud Federation vessel Charon from hostile control. But apparently everyone on this ship are traitors to their own people." he said to him still a little dazed by the blow to the head.

"Hostage situation?" Marcus asked. "Traitors? This is a joint mission, a mission sanctioned by both fleet commands. I do what My orders tell me to do soldier; something you might want to try." He said with a cold tone. I have no love for them either, but I wont through my career away in some futile attempt to play hero."
 
"And that's why your just a Security officer and not a Marine. I was following orders as well, But not only that I was following my on conscience and it is clean. Can you say the same thing Commander?" he said back with a equal amount of cool loathing to him."That creature who is running this ship is going to get you all killed. They have no souls, no compassion. She will turn this ship over to her people the first chance she gets. Do you remember what she did during the war? Or do you not care?" he said to him.

"I'm not just a security officer." He said slowly, deciding to play along. "I was also Special Forces and First Force. I have had my share of Romulans trying to kill me. The last one killed my best friend!" He said with a barely clear head. "We all did things in that war we are not proud of. If I blame her for her actions, then I have to blame myself equally. As for my conscience, It is as clear as you claim yours is. I'm able to keep my personal feelings and my duties separate." he said. He looked to the Romulan dagger on his desk, below the blade was a plate with a sample of the Human and Romulan blood taken off the blade.

"Hate has no place in this uniform Captain."
 
"Lt.Col Cole and the rest of us were doing what was in the best interest of Starfleet. She might be wearing the uniform but she is the enemy Commander. Look into her eyes sometime she hates us as much as we hate her. And I don't just mean the Marines I mean every last human on board this vessel. If hatred has no place in uniform then perhaps you should help us get her out of it." he said to him trying a different track with the man.

"The Best interest?" He asked truly shocked at what he was hearing. "StarFleets mandate is to seek out life and pursue peaceful relations with other races. Were the Klingons any different before Khitomer?" He asked the man. She may think of us the same as we think of her, In fact I would say she does quite a bit; but would stooping to these low acts really vindicate the Federation in her eyes? would it stop the need for the fighting and the deaths of our friends?"
 
"What tactics, military ones? If a hostile presence is on this ship wouldn't you do anything to protect it's people? Does this creature act like a Starfleet officer? Of course she doesn't, she is treating this vessel like a part of the Star Navy. The Klingons have honor when they come at you you know it. The Fility Romulans will slid up and smile offering you their hand and then stab you in your back. That has been the case since the first days of the Federation." he said to him.
 
He looked at the small shrine of the dagger and the base plate. "Is that the blade that killed your friend?" he asked him."If it is why do you keep it if not as a reminder of what the Romulans are and that they are never to be trusted." he asked him.
 
"Yes it is." Dylan said as he took the blade in hand and handed it to The Marine, traces of blood from Human and Romulan still on the blade. "I used it to kill the Romulan that had killed him. He was under the influance of a drug that turned his unit into animals. I keep it as a reminder, not of what the Romulans are or are not; but as a reminder that Killing in revenge is not the way to resolve pain. It was the man's brother that had told me that. My life was his to claim, he Let me Live because he did not want to continue the circle of hate." He paused. "The Romulans you hate so much are capable of honor and compassion. That is why I volunteered for this mission. I had a debt to pay."
 
He took the dagger in his hands and looked at it. It was strage that a Security cheif would hand a handcuffed and restrained prisoner a weapon. So easy it would have been to suddenly and brutally kill the commander but he had no ill will to him. He handed it back to him and looked up at him."Paying your debts are a good thing and it shows you have a code of honor Commander. I two have a debt to repay." he said to him.
 
"The Romulans murdered my wife and parents and I will avenge them Commander." he said to him. True he fought in the war as well and gave the fility green bloods many crushing defeats but it wasn't enough. The hole in his soul wasn't even partially filled. The emptiness in him where love and mercy was could only be filled by Romulan suffering.
 
"That man who spared your life was almost certinly executed by his officers for not killing you when he had the chance. Sometimes a individual Romulan can have something resembling  honor, but as an entire people they are rare." he said to him.

"Honor means different things to different people." Marcus said. "Killing and hurting for the sake of doing so, is no better than what you accuse them of."
 
"If that is what you think we were doing you have been blinded by Rehu's propaganda commander. Don't let that silver tounged devil mislead you. We were not harming them just because we could. We were doing it to protect you all, I understand if your not convinced but it is true." he said to him.
 
"If you remember human history I will quote a famous man's lines. The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed form time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. I understand exactly what these words mean Commander, and I am willing to die to uphold them." he said to the man in his deep Slavic accent.

"Hitler, Stalin, Khan Sing; They all thought they were protecting something. They all ended up as histories fools. Careful Captain, that may be you in a century or two if you keep following Cole's idiocy. Bottom line is I am the Chief of Security on this ship and I will not have vigilantes, Marine or otherwise."
 
"Then do your duty and get that Romulan off our ship. This place is crawling with them, I will personally assure you that they are taking every last bit of information on this ship and sending it back to their commanders in the Empire. Protect the Federation Commander. If not for your own sake then for every innocent man woman and child in it." he said to him. He almost sounded like a member of the Vanguard.
 
"You compare the Colonel to Hitler? He doesn't want to do anything but protect his people his country. Comrade Stalin wanted the same. As for Khan Sing I will admit he was a deranged man. But I am not and nor is the colonel, We want to protect Starfleet from infiltrators Commander. And even if you hate us for it we will even protect you from your own foolish idealism."

Dylan couldn't help but smile. It was ludicrous to hear him talk. "Listen to yourself. You sound like a Vanguard or someone from Section 31. Protecting the Federation at all costs? that is the sort of idiocy that created people like Sloan, the vanguard. I took an oath to protect the Federation, but I also took an oath; as did you to uphold its ideals and principals!" He said hotly. "I will not use any and all means to protect the Federation. For that will make me no better than those whom I protect it from. It is our idealism and our principals that the Federation was founded, not war or vengeance."
 
"And that is the diffrence between us Commander, I will do anything to protect the Federation. You speak like the Vanguard and Section 31 are in someway misguided! How very wrong you are both groups are patriots who understand that there are certin things that simply must be done to protect the integtrity of Starfleet." he said to him just as hotly. "I AM upholding MY oath Commander, To protect the Federation against all enemies..Foregin and domestic." he said to him stareing right into his eyes. 

"Our oaths do not allow us the right to break the law or regulations in order to satisfy our own ideas of what a secure Federation should be." That is the failing of Section 31. If they were so benign then they would have no need to hide in shadows. The Colonel is going to lose his command and his rank over this, you don't have to follow him down that road. Though if you persist, I'm sure that we can find some nice little planet to leave you on till we come back this way again." he said with a wickedly evil grin.
 
"I will follow the Colonel Commander. I am loyal to the Corps where he goes I go. He didn't order me to follow his path I followed it willingly and would do it again if I had to. Getting rid of us will doom you to the whims of Rehu. Are you sure you really trust her enough to allow this to happen commander?" he said to him. If his threat was supposed to frightening him to renounce his beliefs then it failed badly. It only served to strengthen his convictions.

It was no threat. It was what was going to happen. still Dylan didn't expect a Jar head to understand much more than the most simple of concepts. "Rheu has nothing to do with this. I have no place to hold you until trial and this ship cant just turn back. Your concern is admirable, but I assure you I am capable of handling The Commodore. If I can handle a blood thirsty Klingon at the Academy for four years, I can handle the Commodore. Korath was not the easiest person to tame." he said with a grin. "It is you and your fellow marines I worry about. It is  along way back to the Boarder."
 
"At least with a Klingon if you show him that you are worthy of respect and honor he will give it to you. You can't handle Rehu, your to soft hearted Commander. She is going to brow beat you into submission until your nothing but her little enforcer. How does that make you feel to know your career in starfleet is going to come to a head as a Romulan's lacky?" he asked him trying to shake him out of his delusions.

"If you have read any of my record, you would know I am no one's Lacky." He said with a calm smile. "I may have a respect for what the Federation was built on, but do not confuse that with weakness. I uphold her decisions when they are justified. When they are not, I correct her on the right procedure. In any case Captain." He said with emphasis on the rank. "The future of Charon is no longer your Concern. I would hope that you try for some remorse, you hurt a lot of innocent guards in this stunt. That I am not as forgiving about. I may have even Understand your reasoning. but not your tactics."
 
"I will tell you this truely that I didn't want to hurt your men. But they were misguided and we had to get them out of the way quickly. We didn't invite you down to the shuttlebay you could have just let us do what was needed but you stuck to your duty and princibles. For that I have some respect for you Commander, if it was under diffrent circumstances I say you were in the right." he said to him.
 
"That being said the Charon's future will always be my concern. No matter if I am marooned on a lifeless rock or rotting away in a prison cell. My duty is to this ship and the Federation, Not to that Romulan traitor. If she is a traitor to her own people as the records say, How can we ever trust her? Once a Traitor always a tratior." he said and rubbed at his wrists.

"That is a question I ask everyday. however I have also sworn an oath that tells me that she deserves a second chance. Perhaps this one is different, maybe this mission may work."
 
"When I am proven right Commander, Come back and find us where you leave us. We wil still fight to protect you and everyone on this ship I promise you that." He said to the man and stood up as the Security guards came up behind him to lead him away."I pray that you do not wake up with a dagger in your back Commander Marucs."

"That makes two of us." Dylan said as he nodded to the Guards to come back in and take the Captain back to his cell.
 


Commander Dylan Marcus
Chief Security Officer
USS Charon
 
&
 
MCapt. Nikolai Chernienko.
Former Platoon Leader.
USS Charon. 


























Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. Check out the offers on Windows 7now.























Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.























Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you're up to on Facebook.






















Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.





















Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you're up to on Facebook.




















Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.



















Get Windows 7 for only $39.99—CDN College or University students only. This offer ends Jan 3—upgrade now!


















Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.

















Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you're up to on Facebook.
















Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.















Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. See the Windows 7 offers now.














Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.













Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online.












Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft's powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.











Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. Check out the offers on Windows 7now.










Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.









Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. Check out the offers on Windows 7now.








Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.







Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. Check out the offers on Windows 7now.






Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.





Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. Check out the offers on Windows 7now.




Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service. Get it now.



Get a great deal on Windows 7 and see how it works the way you want. See the Windows 7 offers now.


Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.

Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online.