Lab study request form:
Name and rank: Chief Petty Officer Timothy Yin
I. Pre Lab report
Purpose: Synthesis of Anti-Toxin for Gouranni Herb. Now that the toxin has been identified by the biology team, the anti-toxin needs to be synthesized. Biology team has come up with a known Klingon root which contains half the necessary anti-toxin required. Team will utilize the a portion of the root from the botany lab and extract the anti-toxin. The root itself is being examined by the ships chef for possible cooking potential.
Materials: Klingon Wo'at Root sample, grinding bowl, 2 measuring beakers, heating element, pure water, extraction hose and extractor, and sampling syringe, additional Gouranni herb toxin extract and holo-cadaver test subject and exhaust hood.
Method/Procedure: Anti-toxin will be extracted through heating methods after grinding the root to hasten extraction process. Anti-toxin will then be reacted in holo-cadaver after toxin is administered to the brainless subject. Results will be recorded for additional labs, remainder of toxin and anti-toxin will be stored for later use, and a partial sample of the anti-toxin extract will be refined for hypo-spray use then given to the medical staff.
Hypothesis of result: Anti- Toxin will significant reduce the death factor of Gouranni Herb in Humans.
II. Safety/Hazard Report
For seen Hazards during lab:
Hazard 1: Deadly herb
Hazard 2: Heating device
Hazard 3: Glass ware
General safety rules:
1. Wear eye protection
2. Know location and operation of safety equipment in lab and emergency devices
3. Never work in laboratory alone
4. Do only the experiment approved for the lab
5. Do not wear personal clothing that is not pre-approved for lab use
6. Report all accidents to Lab Master.
7. Do not make oral contact with objects in lab
8. Be mindful of the appearance of strange odors
9. Keep the Laboratory clean. Clean up spills immediately
10. Check lab equipment prior to lab and only use equipment in good condition
11. Check temperature reading on all objects in experiment before reaching. Avoid physical touch of hot objects.
12. Read reagent listings on any known reactions for reagents used in experiment.
13. Clean hands thoroughly prior to leaving lab to avoid oral contamination and optical damage.
III. Authorization Request
Time/shift research is done: 2nd shift Additional Days of study: 2
Lab requested: Chemistry Lab Personnel requested: 2
Estimated Set up time required: 30 min Estimated take down time required: 30 min
Science team member requesting: Chief Petty Officer Timothy Yin
Comments: Team will consist of two assistants and Chief Petty officer Yin. Prep for lab will begin at the beginning of second shift and take down/storage will occur just prior to end of second shift. Experiment will be run twice daily for three days until anti-toxin is successfully replicated in quantities required for chef's required for specialty casserole.