Saturday, January 30, 2010

[USS Charon] SD241001.29 Joint Personal Log XO Cmdr. Katris & ASec Cmdr. Falcon - " Past in the Past"

     ------- Start Joint Log -------

     Eithne looked around the bare holodeck as she waited for Jade to arrive. She had sent him the message to meet her here after her shift a few hours ago, she hoped he had gotten it. A soft smile came to her lips as she waited for him to walk through the doors to the deck.

     Part of her wondered how he would react to what and why she had called him here... Mainly, they needed to talk... But, at the same time... She needed to be with him.

     Jade was not about to stand Eithne up.  Whether the message had gotten to him directly or not, in all likely hood he would have found it at some point throughout his shift.  Between hunting Romulans and considering picking a fight with the captain, he had not gotten a lot of time to do catching up.  At least he had been able too spend time with Sera since they had returned.  He worried about her.  Not exactly a normal childhood, but not a neglectful one either by any means.  He walked through the holodeck doors, not knowing what to expect.

     A soft smile formed on her face as she looked over towards Jade when he entered. Though he was there, she did not move to meet him, she simply waited for the doors to close so that she could enter her lock code into the console before she said a word.

     " Jade... I asked you to meet me here so that we would be able to speak in private... Our lives over the last few years have been very separate... And much has happened to us both... I feel that it is time we tell each other of our separate journeys... So that they may become one again..." She stopped and let him speak.

      Jade returned her smile with one of his own.  He had missed her so much.  To see her smile again was a dream.  Jade wanted to catch up as well.  For her to tell him of her life while he was away, tracking down the best part of his, their daughter.  "I think that's a good idea," he replied.

     She simply nodded before she turned her back to him and started working on the console to bring up the program she selected for them to catch up in. Her hands working the console to bring the program back to life. " I could think of no place better then here..." She started up the program, and soon, it was in existence around them.

     A familiar cliff, towering above a magnificent coastline. Below them could be heard the gentle crashing of waves against a rocky coastline. The air was cool with ocean mist, and the sun shined above, its rays soothingly warm, but not too warm. " Do you know where we are?" How could he forget? She thought.

     Jade nodded to her.  "I proposed to you here, years ago.  Simpler times, weren't they?"  He turned to look to her, his face a canvas of emotion.  This place meant many things to him.  "How could I forget this place?  Such would be unthinkable."

     Tears came to her eyes as she remember that day, the day he made her complete in so many ways. " Aye... I could never forget this place.... It hold so much meaning for both of us..." She moved over to the cliff and once again she looked down towards the water, the breeze sending her dark curls flying about.

     Finally, after taking in the crisp air, she turned to look at him. " Jade... After you did not return... I went to Starfleet Headquarters and had your status changed... First to Missing in action... And then Killed in action... I can only assume what kind of paper work that was for Jolias when he found you..."

     Against all logic and reason, the idea of Jole having to do mountains and mountains of paperwork was just ridiculously funny.  Jade couldn't help up giggle.  The giggle turned into a chuckle.  She could always make him laugh.  "If only I could have been there for that.  Eithne I understand.  You couldn't know."

     She was serious when she was speaking with him, but she did empathize with him when he chuckled and smiled a bit more. " I am glad you are alive and well... So much so that I am left confused as to what to do next... I was devastated when I realized that you could more then likely be dead... That would would not be coming back..."

     She paused. " I left Command of the Warrior.... Then my emotions sent my telepathic abilities through the roof which resulted in a severe brain hemorrhage... I was in such a pit of depression I never thought I would recover...But... I did recover... And now I don't know how to react now that you are back... I think I am scared."

     Jade wanted to lie and tell her he understood, but the truth was that he didn't.  He had gone his whole life without knowing fear until Seraphim had been born.  Then she had disappeared and he was terrified he would never see her again, but Eithnes fear was different from that.  "I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong for feeling the way you do.  I don't blame you.  It's like starting over."
        
     Tears came to her eyes as she nodded, " It was so hard... Waking up everyday without the pitter patter of little feet... Without your warm body next to me..." It was hard reliving the memories, but she had to tell him what happened to her. " It was just a emotional hole that I fell into... I know you did not mean to.."

     " But to lose both you and our daughter... It broke me...." She finished as she finally moved over to him and slipped her arms around him and held him close. Taking in a long breath before she spoke. " Nothing could fill a void that only you can fill...You are and always will be my soul mate."
        
     "You wanted me to find her.  To track her down and bring her back so she could be with us.  I couldn't come back without her.  My heart wouldn't let me."  He wrapped his arms around her, embracing her with an urgency that spoke of their time apart.  Of longing that was finally fulfilled.  He was ready to heal.  He prayed she was as well.
        
     Nodding into his chest she continued, only she did not pull away, she just spoke into him. " I know... And I am thankful that you have found her... That you are both alive... It is just an odd feeling... To have lost everything you ever wanted... Only to have it suddenly back in your life again."

     She chuckled and looked up at him. " It is a little... Overwhelming..." But she hoped they could be a family again, though she was not sure what kind of paper work would need to be completed now that he was back and alive... She could only assume that since no divorce was made, they were in fact still married.
        
     Jade nodded in agreement, a shiver of emotion coursing through his body.  He found it hard to express himself like that, a product of his upbringing and early years of adulthood, but every now and then something would leak out past that sardonic shell of a personality.  "Overwhelming, but we can make it, I think."
        
     A nod and a gentle kiss to his neck preceded what she had to say to that. " Honestly... We have been through space pirates, battles with klingons, romulans, unknown races, explored the vast plain which is this universe, and both looked death in the face only to live to tell about it.. Do you think a simple bout of being overwhelmed will stop us?"    

     He smiled.  It was a broad, genuine smile as though he knew they would be just fine.  "Somehow I don't think this little sidestep will be a problem for us."  While he couldn't know what was to come, he knew that he was happy now.  He squeezed her tightly against his chest, savoring the feel of her body against his, her heat calling to his flesh, her closeness calling to his soul.  "I love you, Eithne.  Lets start again."

     ------- End Joint Log -------

Commander Eithne Katris
Executive Officer
USS Charon

&

Commander Jade Falcon
Assistant Security Officer
USS Charon

--