Thursday, January 14, 2010

[USS Charon] SD:241001.14 || Joint Personal Log || CSEC,CTAC, CEO, COPS, Civie. |Cmdr Marcus, Cmdr Cahloun, Lt.Cmdr Ch'tan,Lt.Jg. Dicari, Capt Fisher (Ret) "Wedding Plans"


=/\= Eris Deck =/\=


Dylan sat at a corner in the farthest corner of the lounge. He had finally had a chance to take some time off from watching the romulans repair the ship and working with Lizzy to get Alice back online after the beating they had taken. He looked at each of the three men sitting across from him.

"Thank you all for being here." he said. "Well as some of you may have heard rumors about Lizzy and I getting Married, well they are true. I asked each of you hear because you are all the closest friends I have on this ship. I want each of you to be a part of this." he said looking at each of them in turn.

"Let me offer my Congratulations first Dylan" Shaun piped up, it being the first time in a long while he had seen the guys given he was often on Babysitting duty in his Quarters. "I'd be honored to be a Part of your special day." he finished looking around at the other guys sat with them.

"Indeed, it will be an honor to stand beside you," Ch'tan replied with a slight growl in his voice as he picked up his drink and swallowed a mouthful.

Cyrin sat there uncomfortable with the other men.  One being his prior executive officer, one he barely knew, and then of course the man he was able to slip past security on.  He shifted in his seat slightly, he really didn't know what to say.  Sure Dylan thought him to be a close friend, but the feeling wasn't mutual.  He didn't really know Dylan.  He sat there quietly…contemplating…what to do.

"I have been thinking of who to ask for best man." he paused trying to form his next sentence. "It was a very difficult choice in that each of you are equally valued. In the end I decided on Ch'tan. Cyrin, Shaun, I would like it if you would stand with me as well."

"It is your Day Commander" Shaun said, "So if you want me to stand with you alongside Foster and Dicari I'd be glad too" he said looking at the two of them.

Ch'tan was slightly shocked at the news that he was to be the best man, but at the same time, he wasn't, he knew that Dylan had an affinity with Klingons and thought that it might have swayed his choice slightly, "It will be my pleasure Dylan," he replied with a smile.
 

Dylan smiled. "Thank you both." he said inclining his head. "The honor is mine CH'Tan" he looked away and ordered another set of drinks. This would soon turn interesting as the three men started to plan the bachelor party when he left for the evening. "And what of you Cyrin?" he asked. "We may not spend a great deal of time together, but I consider you a friend on this ship none the less. I would be honored if you said yes as well."


Cyrin looked at Dylan, "Commander, with all due respect intended, I don't know.  I am sorry.  Perhaps Commander Calhoun would be better suited for such an event as historical as your wedding.  As much as I am glad to hear that you consider me a friend…again with all due respect sir…why me?"  He asked trying to figure out away to politely decline without offending…it didn't feel right to him.  No, the Commander should have picked someone else, someone like Commander Calhoun.

"I intend to." He said. "But I need a fourth. As for why, I like your style." He said with a smile. "A little shy at times, but anyone who can tell the Captain where to go is ok in my book."
Cyrin wanted to disappear completely with that comment, "Commander…I will think about it.  That doesn't mean yes or no.  It simply means I will consider the request."  He tried to be nice and polite before by insinuating that he wasn't the person for the job.

"Of course." He said. "If you do it will be a good chance to see the ice queen out of her element." he said with a smirk.


Quentin had received a memo to join some of the crew on Eris Deck. Since the lounge had been refitted and named Quentin hadn't spent much time there or in fact anywhere other than Deck 8 so this was a refreshing change. He had just come off duty so was still in uniform but had unzipped the jacket and loosened his shirt collar. Spotting the group he headed over grabbing a beer from the bar and a chair as he took a seat at the table. "Evening gents... what's the gathering for?" he asked taking a swig from the bottle.


"To figure out who my groomsmen are." Marcus said. "I have Shaun and Ch'tan is best man. Cyrin here is thinking about it, so the only one I haven't asked was you Quentin."


Quentin paused for a moment and blinked at the men sat around the table. "I do apologies for being so busy... I didn't even realize you were getting married... congratulations" he said with a smile taking another swig from the bottle. "I would be honored" he added with a smile. 

 

"Think nothing of it Quentin. With the repairs, I would expect you to be busy. Truth be told, it was sort of a recent decision." He smiled. "Well I'm off to work, Rommies wait for no man and I happen to have to be that man tonight. I leave you fine gents to plan what should be a very interesting Bachelor party." He said before nodding and heading toward security.



=/\= End Log =/\=



Captain Shaun Fisher
Retired/Civilian
USS Charon


Commander Dylan Marcus
Chief Security Officer
USS Charon


Commander Quentin Calhoun
Chief Engineering Officer
USS Charon


Lt.Commander Ch'tan Foster
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Charon


Lieutenant J.g Cyrin Dicari
Chief Operations Officer
USS Charon




Tell the whole story with photos, right from your Messenger window. Learn how!