Saturday, August 22, 2009

[USS Charon] SD240908.22 || Joint BackLog || Lt. Anderson & Lt. Faltanis

Taverain Ramius <taverain_ramius@yahoo.com> wrote to charon@ucip.org:

~Holodeck~

Birds flew overhead landing in the lush greenery their songs musical as they flowed on the gentle breeze that blew through the garden. Flowers bloomed filling the air with perfume and life thrived in the warm sun of the warm spring afternoon.



A small brook babbled nearby, its clear waters, adding to the melody around them. He took her hand and led her to the water's edge. Looking down he could see their reflections in a calm alcove of the water's mirror finish.



"What do you think", Faltanis asked looking up at Lt. Erin Andrew's face. "The holodeck does it justice no? I used to come here quite often", he said wistfully. "I miss being here. I miss Earth sometimes. How about you? Is Vulcan like…", he stopped hoping he hadn't insulted her yet again.



"Forgive me", he quickly said. "I guess I assumed you were from Vulcan. I guess you could be from anywhere I suppose. Where are you from", he asked inquisitively flashing a brief smile.


"I'm from Vulcan, and I'm from Earth. And there are times where I miss both, and then there are times where I prefer being on neither." She said softly but very illogical. "There are actually times where I feel as if I'm from neither, but I do have special places I like to go to from both." she said as she looked to him.


He had taken her some where beautiful, somewhere she had never before seen and wondered if he lived somewhere far from her grandparents place. She didn't mind she was falling in love with the world he was showing her. "Do you mind sharing this with me?" She asked softly.


"Not at all", James replied. "I can give you a copy of the program. It's where I like to come to relax. Reminds me of home even if I am really on a starship light years away from the real thing."

She wouldn't mind returning to this holodeck program again if time permitted...

"So what do you think", James asked stepping into a small grassy clearing surrounded by trees and a small bubbling stream. "I've never been to Vulcan although it has some interesting looking places from the images I've seen. How does it compare?"

"It doesn't, but every world has their unforgettable spots. I still haven't figured out Vulcans though. I prefer spending time in the garden at the house my parents own there." She said with a soft smile.

James inhaled deeply savoring the warm sweetness in the air. "Well, I'm not sure this is exactly a garden, but it's pretty close." He turned toward Lt. Andrews and took her hand in his. "Thank you for the company", he said softly. "Additionally, thank you for a second chance. I made a bit of an idiot of myself earlier in engineering. I hope you can accept my apologies. Forgive me again for being so blunt, but you are quite remarkable lieutenant. You've given me a lot to think about."

She smiled at him softly, getting to know James was one of the smart things she had done. After all it's not as if he stuck his foot in his mouth all the time. He was nice, and sweet and was making her blush. a soft green tint touched her cheeks. "You've already been forgiven James." She told him with a soft smile...

He smiled back at Erin motioning for her to sit next to him in the cool grass at the edge of the stream.

Erin moved to sit beside him on the ground taking off her shoes to dangle her feet into the cool stream with a soft sigh...

"Is that so", he answered her statement. "Then I must ask for your forgiveness again lieutenant." He saw her perplexed expression at his odd response pass over her features. However, before she could speak, he leaned over and pulled her into a warm embrace. After a few moments he pulled away from the kiss and smiled. "Can you forgive me again?"

Erin had been startled, and didn't know how to respond right away. She blinked at him when he pulled away from the kiss and gave her a smile. "No... I cant." She said softly. "It didn't last long enough to need forgiving." She said softly and moved close to kiss him back not even tempted to pull away...

The beep of a communicator interrupted their embrace. "Attention all engineering personnel. We are entering the final phases of the plan to save Lyrillia. All engineering staff, all shifts, are to report in to their duty officer on the double. That is all."

James helped Erin back to a standing position. "Well so much for some time off. Looks like its back to duty for us both."

"It would seem so, but that doesn't mean we cant plan dinner after the plan in a susccess." She grinned sweetly.

"I had a nice time", he said with a smile. "Perhaps once this crisis is over we can do this again?"

"I had a nice time too James. Oh I think we can do this again." She said licking her lips at the memory... resisting the urge to kiss him again, after all it had been a very nice kiss...

"Great", he replied with enthusiasm. "Computer, end simulation."

The holodeck's simulated environment terminated leaving them both alone on the familiar empty grid. "Shall we", James said motioning toward the door.

Erin smiled at him softly and kissed him on the cheek before slipping her hand into his. "come on engineer lets get back to work."


~End Log~

Lieutenant Erin Anderson
Assistant Engineer
USS Charon (APB Kai)

&

Lt. James Faltanis
Engineering Technician
(APB Tav)