Thursday, August 20, 2009

[USS Charon] SD 240908.20 || Personal Log || LtCmdr Foster & Ch'Krang HoD


=/\= Sickbay, USS Charon =/\=

One of the nurses had just been back to administer the cure for the toxin that wound its way through Ch'tan's body, Ch'Krang, after overseeing some of the repairs to the Ya'Vang, had returned to the Charon and was stood by his sons bedside, watching the nurse take all kinds of readings as the antidote worked its magic.

"How long do you think it will be before my son is concious again nurse?" Ch'Krang asked slowly and as quietly as he could.

"We do not know sir, we havent encountered this toxin before and the antidote is untried," she replied as she tapped a few buttons on the bio bed.

"I hope it is not too long," Ch'Krang replied as he finally took a seat that was next to the bed, "I'm sorry my son, I shouldn't have left for so long," he added softly to Ch'tan.

The nurse, after taking the last few readings and watching the Klingons for a while wandered out into sickbay to add them to the files, before returning to monitor the antidotes progress.

=/\= Twenty Minutes Later, Sickbay, USS Charon =/\=

Not much had changed in the last twenty or so minutes, Ch'tan was still lying motionless on the biobed and Ch'Krang was still sat next to him, watching over him for any sign of life within his son, after another minute or two his attention was bought to one of the monitors which beeped and started flashing suddenly.

The nurse moved over to it quickly and tapped a few buttons before turning to look at Ch'tan, there was movement behind his eyelids, there were not open but you could see the eyes moving.

"Whats happening?" Ch'Krang asked quickly as he stood up and watched his sons face.

"I believe he is coming round," the nurse replied simply as one of Ch'tans eyes opened quickly.

It was like waking up from a long sleep, his eyes were heavy and he could hear a definite Klingon voice although it sounded like it was off in the distance, (I'm in Sto'Vo'Kor, I must be prepared to fight!) he screamed to himself in his mind and although his whole body ached, he forced his arm up and gripped the nearest figure by the throat.

The sudden movement from Ch'tan had caught the nurse and Ch'Krang off guard and the nurse suddenly found herself struggling to breath as her throat was being crushed.

Ch'Krang, seeing the hand instantly moved to help, levering the hand off the nurses throat and lholding Ch'tan at bay before looking back to the nurse, "I think he believes he is in Sto'Vo'Kor," he said quickly before holding Ch'tans eyes open with his fingers, "My son, you are not dead! you are on the USS Charon, in sickbay," he shouted, making a few of the staff outside the room stop and wonder what was going on.

Slowly finding his voice Ch'tan fought back against the presence that had called him its son, "I am not your son! my father went missing when I was born!" he shouted as his eyes flashed open and he swung one fist round which would have connected with Ch'Krangs face if it wasnt for his hand grabbing it and levering it down.

"Look at me! Do you see anything familiar? Ch'tan, Son of Ch'Krang!" the older Klingon shouted back as he held his son down to the bed, "Let your eyes focus and see me!"

Something in the voice spoke out to Ch'tan and he stopped trying to fight while his eyes adjusted, they had been shut for so long that it took a few minutes but he found himself staring up at a face he recognised, it was older but it was the face that stared back at him every morning in the mirror, "Fa... Fa... Father?" he stuttered as he reached up and rubbed his eyes quickly, "No! It cant be, I must be in Sto'Vo'Kor, you cant be here," he said quickly as he fought to sit up.

"I am your father Ch'tan, Ch'Krang, son of K'Alith," Ch'Krang replied with a smile, "When I returned to the Empire I found out you had been injured and I came as soon as I could," he added slowly as he let his son sit up slowly.

"But.... where have you been?" the young Klingon asked as he propped himself up on the bed, "Why didnt you come back sooner," he added quickly.

"There is alot I will tell you my son, but for now, I think it is best that someone inform the Commodore that you are awake, you stay and rest, no doubt you will need it," Ch'Krang replied with a slight smile, "I will tell you everything when you are better my son,"

(To Be Continued...)

Lieutenant Commander Ch'tan Foster
Chief Tactical Officer
USS Charon

&

Ch'Krang HoD
Commanding Officer
IKS YaVang (npc apb Ch'tan)


Celebrate a decade of Messenger with free winks, emoticons, display pics, and more. Get Them Now