Thursday, August 20, 2009

[USS Charon] SD240908.20 - Duty Log "Hello Quantum Fury" - Commodore Shiarrael t'Rehu

<<I have 1 more log to get out and then I'll be able to reply to everyone's JL requests (sometime tomorrow hopefully)>>

[USS Charon, Bridge]

Shrishnar immediately greeted her at turbo lift "they Quantum Fury is two minutes away from entering orbit.  They have sent us a preliminary hail and will contact us again once they have settled into a corresponding orbital pattern with the Charon."

"Good work."  Shiarrael smiled and held the plate of food out "since you've been working so hard Lieutenant I thought you might be hungry.  Betty tells me that this is some truly gourmet cuisine on Earth so I decided to bring you some.  Take this down to deck six and enjoy it." 

It took a great deal of effort not to laugh at the foul expression that momentarily crept onto the Andorian's face.  With an obviously forced smile Shrishnar took the plate and bowed his head.  "Thank you for your concern Commodore.  I'm certain I will enjoy it."  With a thin smile Shrishnar passed her and stepped onto the lift.

Having successful passed the plate of poison onto the acting tactical officer Shiarrael made her way to the command chair but hovered in front of it instead of sitting down.  "Ensign Dicari- I want you to make the investigation of the power discrepancies on deck two and three your primary priority until the issue has been resolved."  Lest I die due of lack of nutrition, she added in thought. 

Dicari simply nodded his head and stood up making his way to the turbo lift "yes ma'am."

"Have they entered orbit yet?"  Shiarrael turned her attention to a young furry Ensign manning tactical.

The Caitian seemed to purr as he answered "not yet ssssir.  Sssstil twenty sssssecondssss until arrrrrival."

Shiarrael nodded and waited patiently.   Finally the Ensign signaled that the Quantum Fury had entered orbit and were hailing them.  "Put it up."  Shiarrael said and waited.  The view screen switched from the newly positioned Lyrila to the bridge of another Starfleet ship "greetings Commander."

"Greetings Commodore.  I am Commander Khiy Kanryth."  The young man was thin and wearing a most serious expression.  He stood up and approached the view screen.  Another bridge officer, a taller Cardassian, followed suit standing next to Kanryth "our sensors detected a large temporal disturbance in this region of space.  You wouldn't happen to know anything about it would you Commodore."  Kanryth's hair shifted and the pointed tip of his left ear was visible.

Is he Vulcan?  Or Romulan?  Shiarrael wondered as she studied his pretty bland expression "temporal disturbance?"  She looked at the bridge crew a confused expression on her face "we did detect some unusual readings coming from this system so we came here to investigate.  One of my scientists did mention some chronometric residue but I don't think we detected a temporal disturbance.  Are any of you aware of such a thing?"  Everyone on the bridge shook their head and Shiarrael smirked "I'm sorry Commander but it appears we have no answers for you."

It was obvious from his following expression that the Commander didn't buy it but he certainly understood it.  "I see.  That is a disappointment."  Kanryth nodded to the Cardassian and whispered something before returning his gaze to Shiarrael "we have communication system upgrades for the Charon.  This will allow you to contact Starfleet by interfacing with the sporadic Romulan subspace communication systems in this region.  Admiral Cerywyn has expressly requested you contact her immediately to issue a report about your recent activities."  His eyes narrowed and Shiarrael guessed the green in his blood came from her side of the Vulcanoid spectrum.  "I will join you for that briefing since I must inform the Admiral that the mutineers you supposedly left at Tirium outpost are gone and also that the outpost has been destroyed."

Gone?  Destroyed?  Shiarrael was without words as her thoughts considered what the Commander just said.  How could they have been so stupid?!  She wanted to curse the Romulans on that outpost but instead of cursing in the elements name however, she simply shook her head and frowned, a rather demur reaction by her standards.  "I hope by 'supposedly left' that you are not insinuating that we had anything to do with what occurred there Commander, because I will not allow such slander in my presence."  Her tone was cordial but the warning in her voice was as shrill as a mother thrai's shriek.

"Of course not Commodore I was insinuating nothing.  I was only presenting the evidence that we are currently aware of; such as leaving a group of marines in the hand of Romulans.  Obviously what occurred was not of your doing and entirely unexpected."  The sarcasm in Kanryth's voice caused Shiarrael to bristle.

"For a Starfleet officer your mouth is quite loose.  I suggest you secure it before you make a fool of yourself Commander.  Since you insist, we can continue this discussion with Admiral Cerywyn in my ready room.  Your disapproval aside my engineers are busy.  It will take them a few hours to have this new equipment installed."     

"We don't have time to delay.  I will lend you Quantum Fury's engineers.  We should begin offloading equipment and personnel immediately."  Kanryth was clearly anxious about something and Shiarrael wondered why "my executive officer can work with yours to organize this effort."  Kanryth finished.

Shiarrael shook her head "I'm afraid my executive officer is currently unconscious in sickbay.  He had an accident with a poisoned dagger.  Your executive officer can work with my quarter master. I'll see you once the new equipment has been installed.  Until then, have nice day Commander."  Shiarrael smiled and gave the cut command.  When the transmission ended she felled back into the command chair.  Her mood having soured drastically due to the veiled accusations and insults leveled towards her.  But I did choose this path, she sighed and reminded herself. 

[End]

Commodore Shiarrael Rehu
Commanding Officer
USS Charon