Saturday, August 22, 2009

[USS Charon] SD240908.21 ||JL, Back Log || "CSI?"|| Lieutenant(jg) Acel'a, ASec, LT. Bouer (NPC) , Lt. Vrenak NPC)

((Science Department))
 
Lt(jg) Acel'a was sent off to launch a formal investigation into the untimely deaths of the two Romulan scientists, in the ship's library, so she headed straight for the Science labs, to see if she could get some sort of background information. Upon entering the area, Acel'a called out.
 
"Security! I need to ask a few questions?" Acel'a stated, feeling a bit unsure of herself, especially since she really didn't know anyone in this department.
 
Lt. shaun Bouer sat at a console in the middle of the room. His partner had left to get some sensor reports confirmed. He jumped slightly when he heard the word "Security". He so rarely interacted with security, other than in the mess hall, it was almost enough to make him forget sometimes they were there.
 
"What can I do for you Lieutenant?" he asked.
 
"I just wanted to ask some questions, regarding an incident earlier, this month. Did you happen to know the two Romulan Science Officers, who were found deceased in the ship's library?"
 
"I wouldn't exactly say knew them. But yeah I had seen them around. Didn't say much those two, even less then the other Rommies. It's like they all have little secret lives." he said looking somewhat annoyed. "Forgive me. Things have been a little hectic here since the 'Accident', tensions tend to run high,"
 
"'Accident'?" queried Acel'a, her curiosity piqued. "What sort of accident?"
 
Acel'a was taking notes as she spoke. She was growing impatient with the man's annoyance too.
 
"Just that those two sorta kept to themselves a lot so some of the guys decided to play a little prank on them. They swapped out one oth their dinner plates with some sort of nasty concoction, and well one of them had an ellergic reaction to something. They threatened to get even... but I really didn't see much of the scuffle"
 
"I see. Perhaps you know of someone else who might have known them better, or at least heard something to that effect?" Acel'a prodded, as she continued taking notes.
 
"Maybe a few of the Rommies knew them," he said. "But Like I said they tended to keep to themselves. and I don't really take a fancy to their kind anyway. Besides I thought that this kind of thing was commonplace in the Empire." he shrugged his shoulders. "I should really get back to work though. Try talking to Vrenak. He's the senior Rommie Xenobiologist."
 
"I will make a point to speak with him," said Acel'a. She had flagged this one as suspect, given his expressed dislike for Romulans. "Thank you for your time, Lieutenant."
 
She quietly walked out and tapped her commbadge.
 
=/\= Lieutenant(jg) Acel'a to Lt. Vrenak. What is your location, as I need to speak with you. =/\=
 
Vrenak tapped his combadge.
 
=/\= Vrenak here, Lieutenant. I am currently in the Mess Hall having lunch. Is it urgent? =/\=
 
=/\= Not really. I just need to speak with you at your earliest convenience, regarding two Romulan Science Officers, recently found murdered. =/\=
 
=/\= If you wish Lieutenant. I will await your arrival then. =/\=
 
((Mess Hall))
 
Acel'a acknowledged the transmission and headed for the Mess Hall. Upon arrival, she walked up to the Xenobiologist.
 
"Lieutenant Vrenak? I am Lieutenant(jg) Acel'a, here to ask some questions," she offered.
 
"Yes, I recognize the voice. How may I assist you Lieutenant?" he asked. "I can't see that I may have more information than security does" he said with a look that exuded disdain.
 
Acel'a noticed the expression on the man's face, but pressed on, anyway.
 
"What I'm trying to piece together is a motive and other related 'scuttlebutt', you might have overheard, that migh shed a tidge more light on this," Acel'a prodded. She prepared herself to take notes, once more.
 
"There was an argument, something minor over a meal that had made one of the men ill. There was nothing that would have indicated any foul intent; not that it would have taken much though."
 
"I see. Why do you feel it would not have 'taken much', as you put it?" Acel'a asked, a bit puzzled. It seems the most unlikely people are being evasive and this is not doing her any wonders. To be honest, Acel'a felt she was simply inadequate, as an investigator.
 
He smiled at her. he put his fork down.
 
"Oh nothing insidious, merely you know as well as I that Humans and Romulans share a mutual distrust with each other. there was bound to be an altercation at some point. Do I think that the Humans killed those two men? no. " he said. "If I were your Lieutenant. I would ask yourself and your boss, who has an issue with the Commodore and who would benefit from her 'Failure' on this ship."
 
"I see," mused Acel'a. At this point, she could clearly see she was getting nowhere fast. She thanked the Lieutenant for his time and excused herself, making notes to tag this one as suspect, as well. Acel'a then headed back to the office, to speak with the chief. 
 
 ((End Log))


Lieutenant(jg) Acel'a
Asst. Security Officer
USS Charon
 
Lieutenant Shaun Bouer
ASCI (APB Mark)
USS Charon

Lieutenant Vrenak
Xenobiologist
USS Charon
(APB Mark)
 
 
 


Stay on top of things, check email from other accounts! Check it out.