Friday, August 21, 2009

[USS Charon] SD 240908.20 | Joint Back Log II | Lt Cmdr Akasy, COP's Zetari & Ens Dicari, COP's Charon

“Life In The Academy: Part II”

 

 

She shrugged. "Mrow, nonsense. Besides, I don't call this 'fraternizing', but more like socializing." She smiled and took a sip of her tea. "Besides, it isn't that long since I was a Cadet myself. And I am just a guest here, not really a professor." She smiled again, before looking at the sky. "It is... big and full of wonders and dangers. Sometimes both are wrapped in the same nice looking package. But, all in all, I would say that it is worth it." The striped feline paused, her tail flicking slowly, while her ears pointed to the young Cadet. "May I ask you a personal question?"

“Lieutenant, I am half Betazoid.  I was raised to not hide anything, it is our nature, our society, our way of life.  By all means,” he said taking a sip of his coffee and straightening up his padds without paying much attention to what he was doing.

The Hirumarian smiled. While she knew a little about Betazoid culture, she also knew that, in Betazed as in Hirumaria, some people did not conformed to the honesty of both cultures. "Why did you choose Starfleet? Why a career on the fleet, and not something else? I am always amazed that the fleet, and the Federation at large, mew, is host to people with so much different backgrounds, and I love to hear about said backgrounds."

Cyrin had to think about the answer for a moment.  “Lieutenant, to be honest I am not sure.  I guess it would have to do more with my passion of being able to be a part of something bigger.  That and my love of knowledge.  A famous author or philosopher once said ‘All knowledge is worth having,’ and I want to be a part of that.  A part of the bigger picture.  I hope this makes sense,” he wondered why he was rambling on to the Lieutenant was he trying to impress her?

She nodded. "It does makes sense, mrow," she replied gently, a smile on her furry muzzle. "And I can tell you one thing: the Academy is just the beginning. There is more knowledge out tehre, knowledge yet to be discovered, than you could learn in a lifespan." She paused and scritched at one of her round feline ears. "But,a s someone said: 'sometimes, the travel is more important than the goal'. Or something like that," she chuckled.

Her tail flicked slowly, the rambling was something she was used to since she left Hirumarian space. It seemed that most males, of most species in the Federation, where attracted to her, mostly because of her feline origins. She was never able to find an explanation to this unusual attraction to the felines species. It was puzzling in a way.

Cyrin looked at the Hirumarian and sensed that she thought he was attracted to her, “Lieutenant let me assure you, I find you beautiful,” he would continue but thought better of it “Bipedal humanoid people can be confusing can’t they?” he asked.

Her ears flicked, and she shifted slightly on her chair at the compliment, blushing ever so slightly that it was unnoticeable on her cheeks, due to the rusty-brown fur and the black stripes on them. But a slight shade of pink could be seen on the insides of ehr ears, which were usually creamy white. "Thanks you, Cadet," she replied. "Yes, they can be. I've learnt, the hard way, that our culture is quite different than the cultures of the Federation."

“However, each culture brings with it new knowledge and new technology for the betterment of the Federation, and along with that a closer means to peace.” He suggested “And your welcome,” he smiled noticing his coffee was empty.

"You are right," she nodded, before finishing her cup of tea. "Although, I am not too sure what my people brought to the Federation... Our fuzziness and feline-ness, perhaps?" she added, chuckling.

“Perhaps, I think only brass will truly know that one.  Not to be disrespectful Lieutenant, but to make an analogy, isn’t Starfleet personnel nothing more than a pawn in a bigger game?” He inquired continuing on with what cultures can bring into the Federation.

She remained silent for a short moment, thinking on what he just said. "Perhaps. But, mrow, then we, as individuals, are all pawns in a bigger game. You, me, the Commander-in-Chief and the Presidents of the Federation and Hirumaria. But, the pawns can make a difference, if they work together. Strength in numbers."

“Oh I agree Lieutenant, we are the pixels in a painting, that when complete is a beautiful work of art,” he smiled at her.

"You have a very nice way of putting it, Cadet," she replied, a warm smile on her furry snout. "What are your plans for this afternoon?" she asked, wanting to continue her discussion with the Cadet.

=/\=

Ensign Cyrin Dicari

Chief Operations Officer

U.S.S. Charon

 

&

 

=/\=

Lieutenant Commander Tamara Akasy

Chief Operations Officer

Second Officer

Starbase 204-A

Zetari Station