Saturday, July 17, 2010

[USS Charon] SD.241007.17 || Backlog || "...*insert Shatner-Khan scream* TVAUAAAA!" || LtJG Auden Anderson

…BEGIN LOG…

 

"You know. I once believed that it was possible to give yourself to someone completely, that gambling with your heart could pay off in the long run. I know different now. I wake up everyday with a constant reminder of just how lonely my life has become. Geordan. Even the thought of his name causes my heart to skip a beat. I miss the touch of his lips on mine, how even the sight of him gave me butterflies in my stomach and filled that seemingly empty void in my soul. I miss waking up and having him at my side, feeling the warmth and security of his arms around me. I wonder what happened to the person I used to be. Will I ever be him again? Will I ever be able to trust again?.... My name is Auden…. And this is my story…"

 

= / \ =

 

"Dr. Anderson. It is good to see you again, even if only through a communications screen." Commander Hogan appeared to be in good spirits; Auden was pleased at that and took little time in getting right to the point. "I was wondering Commander. Did you receive my study on the mutated-phenylketonuria outbreak on F'nelak III?"

 

 The Commander nodded, "I did Auden, I was actually preparing my letter to the various doctors that had sent in their submissions. I am sorry to report to Lieutenant Tvaua's submission arrived before yours and even though your solutions were relatively similar and both would have worked she has been given the assignment of producing treatment."

 

Auden sighed. He as well as dozens of Starfleet doctors had been working for weeks trying to figure out a proper cure for the mutated genetic decease outbreak on the cardassian planet when conventional treatments had not worked. "I see. I take is she will be receiving the Assistant Chief Medical Officer on Starbase 753 as well?"

 

 Commander Hogan nodded again, "I am sorry Auden. Listen. I know you have been through a lot and you've pushed hard to get back into the swing of things. I'm just not sure a posting of a deep-space nature is suitable for you at the current time."

 

"Commander! I need to get away from here." Auden took a deep breath, he knew Hogan had been more than patient with him and he did not wish to push the Commander's patience anymore. "Is there anything else available? I'll take anything at this point. I need to get as far away from this planet as possible."

 

He gave Hogan a most serious look and the Commander rolled his eyes, "You're a stubborn man Auden. I have one opportunity for you and it will certainly be what you are looking for… Remote… The Uss Charon is looking to replace a medical officer… I'll put in a transfer order for you... It will take you a few weeks to rendezvous with them."  

 

Auden sighed in relief, "Thank you Commander. For everything." Maybe all this work hadn't been in vain. The communications channel closed and Auden leaned back, taking a look around his loft. He had never been happy with the place and missed being on a Starship. There was more healing that needed to be done and he knew there would be no getting away from more counselling appointments even on this new ship far from Starfleet.

 

Before he could start ruminating Auden's communications panel lit up again, growling slightly he tapped the accept button and Lieutenant Tvaua's face popped up on the screen. "I know. You won. I'm on my way over with the wine and I swear Tvaua if I have to listen to your Bolian behind gloat all night I'll inject you with an incurable 24 hour Tarkallian flu virus while your sleeping!"

 

…END LOG…

 

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Auden Anderson, MD

Medical Officer

Uss Charon