Sunday, February 14, 2010

[USS Charon] SD 241002.14 "Favors" Brevet 1Lt Brent Warren & Com Dylan Marcus

=/\= Just outside Chief of Security Office =/\=

Brent had been mulling over how best in his head to go about asking the Commander if he could request that Sakarra be transferred.  If he had any idea that he and Sakarra were dating then trying to say that she had unquestionable character would be pointless, even though she really did.  He sighed slightly, before he hit the door chime.  He'd just have to go with the truth.  She had turned herself in for a crime that she had not been yet charged with, normal procedure in such instances were to have the officer confined to quarters.  Since the brig was so full of at least one criminal and that stubborn ambassador, it would only make sense to let Sakarra be confined to her quarters.

Brent just hoped that the Commander saw it his way.

Dylan looked up, then to his planner. He wasn't expecting anyone, still he put the PADD down. "Come in." he said. He leaned back and raised an eye brow at the Marine commander as he walked into the Office. "Lieutenant, what can I do for you?" he asked.

Brent nodded.  "Sir.  The brig as you well know is quite overflowing at the moment.  We have too many people in there and the situation calls for additional guards to be pulled.  So far we have had no trouble with that as we have used some of my Marines, but I feel that we should try to alleviate the situation," Brent said letting the Commander chew on that for half a moment.  "The would be assassin cannot obviously be released.  Ambassador Lamont for some reason or another has earned the incredible ire of the Captain and releasing him would mean someone would have to explain why the Ambassador was on the lamb again.  I believe we should confine Commander Tyrax to her quarters.  She willingly gave herself up to the brig, so it stands to believe that she would not try to escape from her own quarters."  Brent stopped then waiting to hear what the Commander would have to say.

Dylan leaned forward and looked at Brent for a few moments before speaking. The man was right about one thing, the Brig was a bit crowded. "Am I to believe that this is a purely professional request?" He asked. He had heard rumors, but nothing confirmed. Still it was a bit odd to see a Marine sticking up for Fleet. It was a request he couldn't pass up smiling at.

"No sir as a matter of fact it's not a purely professional request," Brent said maintaining a neutral tone in his voice and in his look.  "I am however bringing up several good points about the brig and how to alleviate a headache for both you and me.  It will be up to you to decide if my ideas are baseless because of any additional reasons or rumors that you might have heard of," Brent said.  He HAD made a good case, and really this was the only way that he could think of to go about getting Sakarra out of the brig that wouldn't bite him in the ass later on.

Dylan smiled as he walked over to the replicator and ordered two coffees and some cream and sugar on the side in case the man wanted some. He walked back over and handed the Marine a mug. "That you are, and you figure that with my pending wedding; I would be sympathetic to your plea for The Commander?" he asked with a wink. "You'd probably be right, but I am under the impression that she acted in the best interest of the ship so I am inclined to agree with your assessment."

Brent smiled ever so slightly.  "I had heard of that, but I figured that going to the top would keep someone later on from counter manning the order if it was given in my favor," Brent said taking a cup of coffee.  "In all honesty I was hoping that her reputation being near impeccable here on the ship would carry most of the weight.  But it's not like I could bring that up.  Otherwise it gets called into question now doesn't it?" Brent asked as he took a sip of the coffee.

"The thing with Vulcans is that things like Loyalty, rules, regulations; mean nothing in the face of logic. To her I'm sure that what she did was logically the only avenue open to her at the time. History is replete with vulcans who made a mess of things in the name of the greater good." he said with a small smirk.

Brent shrugged his shoulders.  "I haven't studied that much history to be honest sir outside of my home colony.  Even then it was kinda pushed down my throat by my parents," he said with a grin taking another drink from his coffee.  "So is this a yes that I can have her confined to quarters sir?  Or are you trying to let me down easy?"

Dylan smiled. "That is a yes Lieutenant." he said. "Just don't let me regret making the choice alright?" he smirked as he took a drink.

Brent knocked back the last of his coffee before setting the cup down on the nearby table.  "Thank you then sir.  I'm sure the Commander will greatly appreciate your kindness in this matter," Brent said.  "If you will excuse me then sir, I have a prisoner transfer to oversee."

Dylan nodded. "Dismissed Lieutenant." He said with a nod and a smirk.


_________________________________________________
Brevet First Lieutenant Brent Warren
Marine Commander
USS-Charon

&

Commander Dylan Marcus
Chief Security Officer
USS Charon