Sunday, March 28, 2010

[USS Charon] SD:241003.28 || Joint Duty Log || CSEC, ASEC - Cmdr Marcus & Lt. Acel'a "So long and thanks for Being my friend."

=/\= Main Security =/\=

Dylan sat in his office and looked over a transfer request from Acel'a. It was understandable given her latest incident with the Romulans. Still it was difficult to arrange. He may be able to arrange a transfer to the Archer, he thought. His friend owed him a favor. But even that ship was still 6 sectors away at best. or at least the last subspace information indicated.

Lt Acel'a was nervous, yet she was also troubled, as she she felt she had to move on, in order to advance in her career. As a rule, Acel'a was a person who craved peace and tranquility and as much as she liked Commander Dylan, the constant turmoil that seemed to permeate the Charon and her crew, Acel'a simply was no longer happy, or even satisfied, hence the reason for the transfer request.

Straightening her tunic, Acel'a approached the security chief's office and rang the chime. She awaited his response.

"Come in" Dylan said. When he saw Acel'a, he waived her in. "Ah Acel'a what can I do for you?" he asked.

"I came in to see you about my transfer request," said Acel'a, visibly agitated. "I wanted to see how it is progressing and hope to allay any notion of this being a reflection on you, sir."


"On me?" he asked. "No I wouldn't think that. I would have thought it would be more in line with your latest run in with the Rommies. am I right?"


"That is part of it. The rest is the seemingly constant animosity among some of the crew, which makes me very uneasy. I am never sure if the Captain truly wants harmony among the crew," said Acel'a.

" I believe she wants the best for the crew. I do however understand what it's like to feel cut off though."


"You do? How so? I didn't think anyone understood what I go through, especially since I am one of only a handful of my kind, particularly ones with a pantograph," said Acel'a.

"Well true I don't know what that is like. But I can imagine what that, plus security can do especially so far from home."

"Not only that, but It seemed like there were certain types of people brought on board, deliberately, to create conflict, which is not healthy for both morale, or diplomatic relations," said Acel'a. "I am a peace-loving person and the constant undercurrent of strife is simply tearing me down."


Dylan could understand this. He was a soldier. He spent his career on the front lines, but he understood what peace was and wanted desperately to one day enjoy that peace with his new wife and perhaps children some day.

"So that is pretty much why I put in for the transfer," said Acel'a, shifting in her seat.

"That sounds like a well thought out reason to me." Dylan said. "I will talk to the Captain and see if we can arrange some type of transit for you."

"I appreciate this Commander. If you wish I can keep in touch, because not only are you a very good department head, but I consider you a friend, too," said Acel'a, smiling.


"That shouldn't be too much of a difficulty. Commander Korath and I are old academy buddies. "That is why Korath was willing to allow the transfer."

"Thank you very much. I appreciate this. I guess what I do now is wait, until the transport arrives," said Acel'a.

"That and you have to report to Holodeck 2 at 1800 hours Saturday." he said with a sly grin.

"What is going on then?" asked Acel'a, curious.

Dylan smiled.

"Just a little get together." he said. Nothing fancy, but I'm sure you will like it." He grinned. "I will keep you updated on the status of your transfer request, well as soon as I figure out how to arrange it." he smiled. "Is there anything else?" he asked.

"No, not at this time, I will endeavor to be there at 1800 hours, Saturday." said Acel'a, smiling.

"See you there." he said smiling as well. " Oh, until we arrange passage; I'm keeping you on active duty so you don't get bored." he smirked. "Dismissed Lieutenant."


=/\= End Log =/\=


Commander Dylan Marcus
Chief Security Officer
USS Charon

Lieutenant Acel'a
Asst Security Officer
USS Archer/ awaiting Transfer.


Stay in touch. Get Messenger on your phone now.