Saturday, March 13, 2010

[USS Charon] SD:241003.13 || Joint Personal Log || CSEC, Ambassador. Cmdr Dylan Marcus & Ian Lamont. "Last minute plans"



=/\= Security =/\=

Dylan walked into security and made his way to the holding cells. he turned to the cell normally reserved for Ian Lamont. The cell was empty. "Thompson, What happened to the Ambassador?" He asked. A moment later Thompson walked in and smiled. "He was released, guess he was let out on good behavior."

"Hmmm, well Now I have to figure out where an ambassador would go when released from the Brig. Thats not as easy as it sounds anymore." Dylan smirked.

=/\= A couple hours later =/\=

Dylan stopped outside the Doors to Ian's quarters. He had already searched most of the ship, rather the places he figured Ian would be. Here was as good a place as any. He rang the chime and waited to see if the man answered.

 

Ian was busy studying in detail the agreement that had been forged between the Romulan government and Starfleet to allow the Charon's exploration mission.  He was carefully paying attention to its provisions which might give him something to use if and when the captain requested his services.  If the Charon found the missing Vulcan ship, Lamont would have to keep the Romulans occupied long enough for the captain to destroy it.  His thoughts were interrupted when the chime at his door rang.  Somewhat annoyed at having his concentration interrupted, Lamont stood from his desk and approached the door.  Pressing the nearby controls the door slid open to reveal the ship's chief security officer Dylan Marcus.  A sudden wave of dread and annoyance washed over him.  Was the captain simply playing with him?

 

Without greeting the man, Lamont simply began speaking.

 

"Commander, I have no idea why you are here, but rest assured I have done nothing this time.  The captain herself released me from the brig.  So if you're here to speak to me about such things I suggest you take the matter up with her as she has given me a substantial amount of work to perform.  I am not returning to the brig with you or anyone else while you sort out the paperwork.  Now if you will excuse me I have much work to perform and precious little time in which to accomplish my duties."

 

A flash of humor flooded Dylan's thoughts. For an instant he was temped to play the game purely for giggles, but finally decided to keep to his plan. Anyone on the captain's bad side as much as the Ambassador would be a little jumpy the thought.

 

"Nice to see you again too Ian." Dylan smiled. "I hardly recognized you outside the cells. Had a hell of a time looking for you." he said this time just teasing. "Honestly I came here to ask you something, well more of a favor for me." he paused and smiled. "With Ch'tan deciding he needed to leave CHaron, I find myself in need of a new Best man. Given that you have been a guest of mine several times, I suppose that would make you as close to a friend as we can be in our respective positions. Besides, it may also give you a chance to see the Captain go a few shades of red, and not be on the receiving end of a brig stay. what'ya say?"

 

Lamont was caught completely off guard by the request.  He never expected…

 

"I..I do not know what to say.  I am honored by your request and gladly accept."  Lamont flashed a brief smile.  "Only do not expect a bachelor's party Commander Marcus.  I have no desire to revisit the brig on the account of a night of wild frivolities as appealing as it does sound.  Much as I enjoy your cells I find myself requiring a change of venue at least for the present time.

 

Regarding the captain, as your best man, that will not be an issue.  This is a special day for you and your bride.  Our differences should and will have no place at your ceremony."

 

Dylan smiled. He had not expected Lamont to accept so easily. It was however going to be fun to watch the Captain try hard to control herself, both at being the first romulan to perform a Human wedding, and seeing the Ambassador. It was one thing that he would  pay to see. Even if it was his special day and the two would try to play nice.

 

"Tell me, have you picked a honeymoon location?  No doubt the holodeck will have to suffice for a getaway."

 

"I think I'm taking her to Bajor to see the Fire caves, I here Bajor is a beautiful place and full of culture."

 

"I've visited twice on assignments though never did manage to see the fire caves.  However the planet itself is a lovely place.  You should enjoy yourselves.  Yes, there is quite a bit of culture and the residents are quite proud of their traditions and customs.  You will find a variety of such things in many of the cities and towns."

"So are you nervous Commander if I may ask?"


"terrified." Dylan said with a bit of a sheepish grin. "Some how I can face the Krivaldi, the Dominion, Romulans, but this one day. scares the living crap out of me." He laughed a little bit. "then I think about how beautiful she is and how much my life would be a mess without her and the fear all melts away." he shook his head. "I'm probably not making any sense at all."

 

Lamont nodded at the response.  "Hmm, would you wait here a moment commander Marcus", he said.  "I shall return in a moment."

 

"Please, These are your quarters. Take all the time you need." he said.

 

Lamont retreated into his quarters and opened his cabinet.  After several moments of contemplation he reached inside and selected a single, slender bottle.  Returning to the door he presented the bottle to the commander.

 

"For you Commander Marcus.  Consider it a wedding gift.  It is a bottle of 40 year old Martian wine.  That particular vintage was an exceptional year and is highly prized.  Please accept it.  It should pair quite well with a meal and perhaps an evening under the Bajoran stars."

 

Dylan took the wine, not daring to insult the gesture by refusing it. "I... I don't really know what to say. It is a lovely gift, Thank you. I'm sure it will be quite well enjoyed." He stammered. It was indeed a generous gift.

 

"Just do me one favor and do not drink it alone.  Although I doubt that will be a problem for two newlyweds."

 

Dylan blushed only slightly. "No I don't think that will be a problem either."

 

"If you will forward me the specifics of the ceremony, as well as attire, and any responsibilities I need to fulfill I will see to them immediately.  Please do not hesitate to ask for anything.  As your best man I am obliged and honored to assist."

 

"I will forward you the specifics as soon as I get back to my quarters. And again thank you for accepting."

 

Ian nodded.  "I look forward to hearing from you.  If you will excuse me though Commander I have several duties which require my immediate attention."

 

"Of coarse, I won't keep you. I should get back to my rounds as well." Dylan said as he extended a hand for Ian to shake. "A pleasure as always." He said before turning and leaving the room.

 


=/\= End Log =/\=

 


Commander Dylan Marcus
Chief Security Officer
USS Charon



Ambassador Ian Lamont

Diplomatic adviser

USS Charon

 



Stay in touch. Get Messenger on your phone now.