Friday, March 12, 2010

[USS Charon] 241003.12 || Joint Log: CO & Cns || Commo t'Rehu & Cmdr Vod

"Kolvar" <kolvar@live.com> wrote to charon@ucip.org:

[USS Charon, Ready Room]

"It must be pretty bad if you had to call me out of retirement," the Trill
stated as he entered Shiarrael's Ready Room. "… and as a Counselor?"

Shiarrael gave the Trill a cynical look "certainly you have grown tired of
mixing drinks?" Her eyes moved from the spotted bartended to the PADD on
the desk, which she nudged gently in his direction "and you are correct."
She ran a finger through her hair and over her ear carefully straitening
several loose strans "I haven't been the best Captain- according to
your…well Starfleet standards. A large portion of my crew dislikes me.
During the first Dominion war I was good friends with you- well when you
still had breasts." Shiarrael cupped her hands in front of her and squeezed
a few times "When I noticed your name in the records I was tempted bring you
aboard with me on this mission but then I saw you were listed as inactive,
to my disappointment. I need assistance from someone I trust. There are
few in Starfleet but you and Nizra are decorated officers Vod. I had you
returned to duty for my own selfishness, but I hope you will aid me? Not to
mention I saved your life back then. You might as well be a string of gagh
on a Klingon's table without me."

"Anything you need," the Trill replied with a nonchalant shrug, "but, two
things: first, I go by 'Jay' this lifetime, and second," he added as a
mischievous grin began to spread across his face, "if you bring up that
business about the first war again, you won't live to hear the end of the
conversation."

"You were never much of a fighter Vod- I can't see how it might be any
different this lifetime." Shiarrael grinned and then nodded her head "good,
I'm glad we have an agreement. There are particular problems with a certain
diplomat- Ian Lamont. Plus the Marines have been a difficulty; they have
never been pleased with my position. The last group attempted mutiny."

"I see you haven't lost your charm," Jayvin quipped.

"What is that human saying?" Shiarrael pondered for a moment "ah yes, old
habits die hard? An odd statement but quite true."

Jayvin smirked as he stepped around the chair set before Shiarrael's desk,
before taking a seat in it. The Trill was relatively tall, and well built by
comparative human standards, with slightly curly, dirty blonde hair, and
piercing blue eyes. Dressed in a red-collared Starfleet uniform—the first
time he'd worn one in nearly a decade—he lounged comfortably in the chair,
straddling one leg over the armrest.

"So, what can you tell me about this 'Lamont?'" he asked, raising an eyebrow
ever so slightly. "What is he here for, and why don't you just have him
killed?"

Shiarrael smirked "don't tempt me counselor." Her eyes shifted to the star
field "he is arrogant, cocky, and most of all he flaunts the rules- violates
them and manages to escape justice. He always seems to find a way out. He
always seems to find a way to irritate me."

"That doesn't tell me why he's here," Jayvin replied, rubbing his chin
slightly as he stared at her. "Is he a member of your crew? Some dignitary
you're ferrying on behalf of the Federation? What is his function on your
ship?"

"Starfleet doesn't feel I can be very diplomatic." Shiarrael answered with
a smile.

"I can think of a number of deceased adversaries who would agree," Vod
replied, rising from his chair. Folding his arms as he walked around it, he
considered what little he knew of the situation, before turning to her
again. "What about this 'Marine uprising,'" he asked. "What was the
situation there? Who lead it? Who helped them? How was it resolved?"

"Yes, they might." She frowned "It was lead by Colonel Cole- they never
agreed with my posting and were quite confrontational from the beginning.
When it was over I had the culprits marooned on a Romulan outpost…they have
since disappeared."

"I take it none of the Marines presently aboard this ship were ever under
his command," the Trill commented, pausing to appraise her reaction. He knew
that in the past, had someone betrayed the mighty t'Rehu, her wrath would
extend not only to the individual and their families, but their friends,
coworkers, and business associates as well. Had her years in close
association with Starfleet tempered her rage?

"No." Shiarrael answered "the current ones are less confrontational but I
do not trust them." How could she? One tried to kill her children "but I
have been attempting to have an open mind."

"An open mind?" he repeated, hearing something in her tone. "I don't think I
need to remind you about the last time you 'attempted to keep an open mind.'"

Shiarrael shrugged "it wasn't my fault the Klingon ship didn't listen to me.
I told them not to charge in ahead of us. I had no choice but to cut them
down- they were between me and the enemy." She sighed "and although I told
Starfleet that I would have an open mind about working with Klingons I did
warn them about what would happen if the Klingons acted foolishly. Luckily
my Galae commanders found the incident humorous."

Jayvin chuckled at that for a moment, before a familiar note of seriousness
entered his voice and overtook his demeanor. "I will do everything in my
power to assist you in these matters, ia'rinam," he replied with an
affirming nod.

"ia'rinam?" Shiarrael snorted slightly "it has been too long Vod- though I
would not say I'm quite related to a Klingon delicacy but it is good to see
you again- and in the same uniform."


=/\= Commodore Shiarrael t'Rehu
Commanding Officer, USS Charon

=/\= Commander Jayvin Vod
Counselor, USS Charon